1.7.2 Logical rules - time condition

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
robert

1.7.2 Logical rules - time condition

Post by robert »

Hi,

I'm trying to get Razberry Automation version 1.7.2 to switch on the light @ 2100 and turned it off @ 0600 the next day.
Somehow, I can't get the Logical rules to work using the time condition.

Two rules logical rules were defined:
  1. When time >= 06:00 and time < 06:30, action to set switch off
  2. When time >= 21:00, action to set switch on
It's now 21:15 and the switch is still off.

So I removed the first rule and keep only the second to play with the time condition.

While writing this post, I was thinking about the fact that the Razberry runs in UTC time. Although the expert GUI shows UTC+2, I'm wondering which times to use. So I edited the automation and set UTC time to 19:22 without luck.

The Logical rules does seem to work when connected to a multilevel condition instead of time.
How does this time condition work?

Thanks,
Robert
robert

Re: 1.7.2 Logical rules - time condition

Post by robert »

Just thinking: could it be that multilevel condition triggers the Logical rules automation whereas the time condition won't trigger it, but can only be used for checking against the current time?
pz1

Post by pz1 »

I have the same results when I try a single rule where the condition is time >= 10:00 on which a binary switch should be turned on. Nothing hapening on present time or UTC. Tried with both or/and
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
robert

Post by robert »

OK, so it probably just won't work..

In this thread (viewtopic.php?f=3422&t=20600#p52098), I read about a Cron module.
It isn't visible through the GUI. So, I went to the folder and it does seem to be there.
Not user-friendly, but maybe this module can be used?
n0ahg

Post by n0ahg »

robert wrote:OK, so it probably just won't work..

In this thread (viewtopic.php?f=3422&t=20600#p52098), I read about a Cron module.
It isn't visible through the GUI. So, I went to the folder and it does seem to be there.
Not user-friendly, but maybe this module can be used?
Yes that post mentions that if you are WRITING a module you can access the Cron module. An end user 'scheduled scene' module has just been added to the code repository 4 days ago.
pz1

Post by pz1 »

n0ahg wrote:An end user 'scheduled scene' module has just been added to the code repository 4 days ago.
I will have a look at that as an alternative, which at first glance seems a usefull addition.

Yet it does not solve the fundamental problem in the logical rule module provided by the RaZberry team.
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
robert

Post by robert »

n0ahg wrote:An end user 'scheduled scene' module has just been added to the code repository 4 days ago.
Sweet! :D

I had a look at the LogicalRules module's code and indeed it looks like it currently is only able to check against a date i.e. not triggered by date/time.

Is this new scheduled scene module compatible with 1.7.2?
Should it be copied to modules or to userModules?

Is this the location of the repo?
https://github.com/Z-Wave-Me/home-automation

Which branch would be the best one to use?
I found the ScheduledScene in feature/overlay and in develop.

So many questions... :)
islipfd19

Post by islipfd19 »

Logical rules doesn't recognize crossing the midnight hour, 23:59 to 00:00. In order to accomplish what you need to do is to setup two separate rules. One ending at 23:59 and then the second beginning at 00:00.
n0ahg

Post by n0ahg »

robert wrote:
Sweet! :D

I had a look at the LogicalRules module's code and indeed it looks like it currently is only able to check against a date i.e. not triggered by date/time.

Is this new scheduled scene module compatible with 1.7.2?
Should it be copied to modules or to userModules?

Is this the location of the repo?
https://github.com/Z-Wave-Me/home-automation

Which branch would be the best one to use?
I found the ScheduledScene in feature/overlay and in develop.

So many questions... :)
Yes that is the correct repository and use the 'develop' branch. You might be able to just grab the ScheduledScene module and dump it in to 1.7.2 but I haven't tried doing that.