Still Time condition problem in Logical Rule (fixed)

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
PoltoS

Still Time condition problem in Logical Rule (fixed)

Post by PoltoS »

About the time clause - make sure to have correct time and TZ settings on your RPi

moderator note 20141229: These first two posts were split off from an other topic
pz1

Re: Problems with v2.0.1-rcX

Post by pz1 »

@PoltoS,
I do have the timezone set (Europe/Amsterdam). RasPi restarted, but my simple rule does not switch the Fibaro wall plug. Both with "Act on any change..."checked/unchecked. Rule as below
Rulefail.PNG
Rulefail.PNG (9.3 KiB) Viewed 7308 times
(For simplicity I have only specified time condition here. In reality there also is a open window sensor, which should inhibit the heating to start if the window is open. That's why I use a rule and not a schedule)

Note: Time Scheduler does act correctly on the specified time.
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
pz1

Re: Still Time condition problem in Logical Rule

Post by pz1 »

Is this a known problem? It did exist back in release 1.7.2 viewtopic.php?f=3422&t=20606 It was not resolved at that time either.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

I checked it and it works perfectly for me (in v2.0.0 and v2.0.1-rc7)
Z-Way Logical Rules module with Time condition
Z-Way Logical Rules module with Time condition
LL.png (30.22 KiB) Viewed 7133 times
pz1

Post by pz1 »

I reworked your example in my rule, but it did not work. Next I deleted my rule, and made a new one. This one did work on the button change, which test it did not pass in my edited rule. Some problem in the editing?
Next test was to replace it with a new rule, where the time setting would be passed within a few minutes after I saved the rule. The dummy swith was still set to on, but nothing happend at the moment of the crucial time change.

It looks like time is a passive condition, and cannot be an active trigger to detect time going past a setpoint as in scheduler

My scenario is to switch_on heating at a predefined time for a specific radiator thermostat valve under the condition that the room window is closed at that moment
Dude

Post by Dude »

I think there is a general issue if you edit an existing Logical Rule - no matter if this is a time condition or a nested condition (as in my case). I had the somehow same problem, that a rule like Cond.A AND (Cond.B OR Cond.C) only worked when I created it from scratch. When I modified an existing rule like Cond.A AND Cond.B to the aforementioned it did not work at all.
pz1

Post by pz1 »

Thanks for confirming. Added it to the list of problems I have with v2.0.0-rc7 (and earlier)
pz1

Post by pz1 »

pz1 wrote:It looks like time is a passive condition, and cannot be an active trigger to detect time going past a setpoint as in scheduler

My scenario is to switch_on heating at a predefined time for a specific radiator thermostat valve under the condition that the room window is closed at that moment
I still have no clue why this does not work (for me?).
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Time condition is indeed passive. It is not scheduler, but just condition.

Use schedule to activate a scene that triggers rule to make it work upon time.
pz1

Post by pz1 »

Thanks for the confirmation of my suspicion on the nature of the time constraint. I can now complete the description of this part of OpenRemote-Razberry integration.