Inclusion after low battery exchange necessary?

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
Dude

Inclusion after low battery exchange necessary?

Post by Dude »

Does anyone know if I have to reinclude a device after exchanging a low battery? Or do I simply have to exchange the battery and thats it? I want to keep the same ID of the device so that all the automation rules still work ... how can I make this for sure?

To include the device for the first time I move them very close to my razberry. After that I mount them on their location where a direct communication is not always possible but via other z-wave devices it works fairly well. My problem is that I don't want to uninstall (they a fixed with adhesive tape) them every time when a battery has to be replaced in order to move them close to the razberry.

Any idea on that is very much appreciated!
pz1

Re: Inclusion after low battery exchange necessary?

Post by pz1 »

I have changed the batteries on several of my StellaZ TRV's without any problems. If it does not work, you can always try a re-include, which almost always gives the same number to the device. Danfoss radiator thermostats proved to be a pain, but that may have been caused by Z-way being less mature at that moment.
Dude

Post by Dude »

Did you change batteries before no more communication was possible due to lack of battery power?
pz1

Post by pz1 »

At least one wasn't communicating anymore. Could not get awake with a few pushes. Not even a led lighting up. The device had been running about a year and 9 months. The battery did indicate 0% for the last 9 months (Must admit this was a preproduction version that had a known hardware problem for the power indicator. The final version had one resistor removed from the board to fix that)
michap

Post by michap »

Right, in most cases it will work without problems.

But Fibaro door sensor (FGK101) as sample does not like it... Most of my sensors will not be recognized after battery change. I must reinclude the sensor, then all will be ok.

I even have waited for a long time (thought, that maybe it needs internal wake-up etc.) - but nothing.

For this sensor I have the effect for both cases - empty battery (no signal) and low battery (still signal present).

(I was very "happy" too - because of the adhesive tape)

Michael
Dude

Post by Dude »

Same happened to me - battery changing @ FGKxxx is a peace of sh..
Carry the Razberry to the door sensor, exclude, reinclude and if you are not careful the ID changes and you have to reconfigure all the automation rules - I can't believe it!
dolpheen

Post by dolpheen »

Dude wrote:Same happened to me - battery changing @ FGKxxx is a peace of sh..
I have FGK with 2.1 firmware that survive battery removal (i tested several times from 30 to 60 sec without battery).
When I install the battery back everything works OK. (but my current battery level is 90%)
Razberry B+ 2.0.1-rc25 on ZW500 + 15 devices / Razberry B 2.0.1-rc25 on ZW300 for test