Schlage BE469 supported, features

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
jhmartin

Schlage BE469 supported, features

Post by jhmartin »

Hello, I am considering purchasing a Schlage BE469 and am curious as to how well it is supported in the v2.0.x line?

Features I'm interested in:
* Lock / unlocks by ZWave.
* Event when door is opened so I can trigger lights
* Event indicating what code unlocked the door for logging purposes
* Know when the 'door disturbed' / 'door forced' events occur

It is a spendy addition to my setup so I'm hesitant to jump in it without some idea of how it'll work when it is installed. I see past threads indicating 'coming soon' and 'difficult' but those are for older versions.
jensmoes

Re: Schlage BE469 supported, features

Post by jensmoes »

I am using this lock with ZWay and it works OK.
The locking/unlocking works with no issues. Z-Way HA creates a door widget and a battery widget when the lock has been associated.
The events are a bit more tricky as the lock uses the Alarm CC which is supported but not by the UI. I added support for it in my Niffler module as you can see in this post: viewtopic.php?f=3422&t=21079&p=56290#p56290 so that the UI will update when the lock is manipulated. You can use the same mechanism I did to trigger what you need when Alarm events occur. Here is a document describing how to enable those events: http://www.schlage.com/content/dam/sch- ... 352403.pdf. You want to look at parameter 7.
As for the user code used to unlock, I have not yet figured it out sorry.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Thank you for the detailed response. I now have one installed, though its having some trouble completing interview -- Association, ManufacturerSpecific , and Version won't complete. Are they completing for you?

Niffler is exceedingly useful as well.
jensmoes

Post by jensmoes »

No I have not had any issues interviewing it. Forcing the interview from the Expert UI does not help?
Perhaps moving the RPi and lock closer to each other during the interview can help if it is a range issue.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Repeatedly forcing interview for the parts that aren't returning doesn't help. Whats odd is the log seems to indicate the job was successful but it doesn't update in the gui. I'll try the distance solution.