ZXT-120

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
xchatter

ZXT-120

Post by xchatter »

Hi guys,

I am considering to buy a ZXT-120 air conditioning remote control.
Is this properly supported in the Razberry interface?

Thanks. :)
dolpheen

Re: ZXT-120

Post by dolpheen »

I have ZXT-120 on test but i use it to control my TV :)
I use 2.0.1-rc24 and there are some issues in ZDDX parameter description configuration (for ex. with parameter no 27 that needed for learning and device type selection). So I did all the configuration via API. In user interface it's show as heat device (you can set up temperature) and on/off switch.
Attachments
HA widget2.png
HA widget2.png (122.52 KiB) Viewed 10874 times
Razberry B+ 2.0.1-rc25 on ZW500 + 15 devices / Razberry B 2.0.1-rc25 on ZW300 for test
xchatter

Post by xchatter »

I have just received mine.
I didn't know you can control a tv with it, cool :D

So it's not showing some user friendly controls in the UI ?
I have a Fibaro Multisensor and had some hard time configure it to behave as expected, now I get another not fully supported out of the box device. LOL :D

I hope I will easily get on with this one :)
xchatter

Post by xchatter »

hi dolpheen,

Can you help me out?
I have some trouble with my ZXT-120.
It only shows

# Device name Temperature Date
4 General Thermostat V2_4
In the UI. I thought I was with old firmware(2.0.0) and upgraded to 2.0.1-rc25 and controls showed(on/of/temp slider etc.). But i have messed a lot with the remote settings so I resetted it(the remote) and reincluded it in the razberry. Now i get the same:
# Device name Temperature Date
4 General Thermostat V2_4
:(

UPDATE:
I entered the old blue ui, forced Re-interview of everything and all the controls and everything showed up 0_o . :)
dorio22

Post by dorio22 »

Hello xchattter and dolpheen,

I'm also working with a ZXT-120 to control an air conditioner, I was wondering if you could provide me with some working examples of how to interface with it.
So far I was able to include the ZXT-120 device to the network and register some commands via:
Expert UI --> Configuration --> Expert Commands --> Configuration
I sent a parameter and a value and it seems to work fine. However, I still need a user interface to execute those commands.
I will be greatful for any guidance with this since I am new to the world of Z-Wave.

Thank you very much
letterman1981

Post by letterman1981 »

@dolpheen: I'm also trying to use the ZXT-120 to control TV, even also AV-Receiver, Beamer and HTPC in one. :-) It should turn those devices on and off. Can you help me to set the IR codes and on/off commands? I have included it in the z-way UI, but I'm not an expert, so I'm lost at the configuration. :-(