Problems with Basic Automation

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
NewbieRaz

Problems with Basic Automation

Post by NewbieRaz »

Dear all,

I am just starting and I have a major problem with my automation.
I am using a Razberry with Software 2.0.1 in conjunction with Roller Shutter from Fibaro.

The Fibaro shutters are correctly included in the network and I can open them and close them from the web interface.

Now I want to set up automated opening and closing by certain times.
I have made this by 2 light scenes one ,switching all shutters to up and one switching all shutters down.
These light scene are called by 2 scheduled scenes at the certain time (One for up and.

And unfortunately nothing happens :-(

The solution must be trivial but I can not find it.

Thanks for helping.

Marcus
PoltoS

Re: Problems with Basic Automation

Post by PoltoS »

Do you scenes work at least?

@pz1 - you are active user of schedules scene afaik
NewbieRaz

Post by NewbieRaz »

The scenes when I release them from the web gui work well.
So it must be the scheduling.
pz1

Post by pz1 »

PoltoS wrote:@pz1 - you are active user of schedules scene afaik
  • I have had some problems with scenes in the past (pre 2.0.1) that they suddenly did no longer work. The solution was to open the scene and just save it. I don't know what a difference that could make, since the settings appeared to be correct.
  • Lately I do encounter the problem on my development rig, where I do many experiments. This sometimes makes the system hang, which results in the apparant loss of all device configuration. After restoring the backup, the schedules seem to be dead. Also now with v2.02-rc1
I never had problems with the scenes not working, but as PoltoS said do test them manually first
Quax1507

Post by Quax1507 »

I am having similar problems with several releases!

For example, I have a light scene called "Good night". I switches off a number lamps.
Sometimes it "forgets" to turn off one of them. Pressing "Good Night" again, it turns off all of them.

Any idea?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Make sure the command is correctly delivered. Check Queue Inspector (in Expert UI). If you see command undelivered, this is radio problems, if it is, but lamp is still on, it is device problem. If no packet preset at all on scene activation, something wrong in Z-Way
Quax1507

Post by Quax1507 »

I checked z-way-Server.log and found out that the command was not issued at all.
In this case it was module "Automated Switch Off"
Quax1507

Post by Quax1507 »

I did some further tests and also saved APP again. Since then the Problem did not re-occur
Mike Yeager

Post by Mike Yeager »

I'm trying to figure out how to create a scene in the first place. Any tips? Did a search on the user manual but came up empty. Probably my fault for a bad search!
pz1

Post by pz1 »

Mike Yeager wrote:I'm trying to figure out how to create a scene in the first place. Any tips? Did a search on the user manual but came up empty. Probably my fault for a bad search!
Z-Wave scene, or ZAutomation scene?