Security Mode

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
Gorilla

Security Mode

Post by Gorilla »

Hi,
what is the actual concept behind the Security Mode module?
My basic scenario is a door sensor causing my alarm sirens to alert.
That is configurable with the security mode, but how do I de-/activate the mode when leaving/reaching the house?
I would expect a widget for that, or do I have to define a dummy device?
Than I don't know how the security mode differs from a logical rule.
PoltoS

Re: Security Mode

Post by PoltoS »

This module looks for lights and sensors and fires when any of them changes value from normal. This is a subset of Logical Rules
Gorilla

Post by Gorilla »

So is there a way to quickly (de-)activate this Security Mode in real life?
Or should I set a dummy switch (e.g. "Alert") to "on" and determine in a logical rule how to react?

I tried to formulate a logical rule that should react on movements detected by a fibaro multi sensor and fire a notification plus activate an "Alert Scene" (run on siren and lights). It kind of works except it triggers 3-4 times on each movement.
But I think the Security Mode could be more useful.

Btw., I wrote a module for using pushover notifications (pushover.net) and it seems to work. I will post it on github later...
Gorilla

Post by Gorilla »

I get from the source code, that the Security Mode is a virtual switch (vDev).
However, in 2.0.1-RC11 I get the following error when creating a simple instance:

Type: core
Timestamp: 29/01/15-10:26
Can not init module SecurityMode: TypeError: Cannot read property 'deviceType' of undefined

The rule uses a fibaro motion sensor as source and should set a binary switch to on.
The Security Mode device is never created.
Any suggestions?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Please paste backtrace from log
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Fixed in latest code. Will be in release candidate soon
alexbn

Post by alexbn »

Hello,

I have razberry updated to firmware 2.0.1 and I can not use the security Mode to switch on my devices. It works until I reboot the system. After rebooted any event of my PIR sensor does not switch on the linked devices.
The work around is enter in the Security Mode app... and hit Save. After that the PIR sensor start to send actions to my switches obviously until I restart the system... I similar issue isn't good to promote this system as alarm system at the moment for me :(

Any one with the same problem?

PS I tried both installing way of my razberry... from the image on razberry site and from scratch from raspberry site... nothing changed about this issue

PPS I've prepared my SD with "wget -q -O - http://razberry.z-wave.me/install | sudo bash" so I assume that I have the latest stable version.