Help Needed for v2.2.0 UI thermostat

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
Zway424

Help Needed for v2.2.0 UI thermostat

Post by Zway424 »

I have a Honeywell Z-wave thermostat and I recently updated to v2.2.0 and now the UI displays all temp values in Celsius however the UI shows F next to the temp value. When I try to update the temp values in the UI, the max number I can enter is 40. Why is this happening? Why is so difficult to report temps from Z-wave compatible thermostat into Fahrenheit? Someone please help! Is this just an issue that was not addressed in the latest update? If so, when will this be addressed? It's completely useless to me if I can't set the thermostat remotely using values in Fahrenheit.
Plainsane

Re: Help Needed for v2.2.0 UI thermostat

Post by Plainsane »

Plainsane

Post by Plainsane »

You will eventually get hit by this as I have a few times. Please chime in on it here https://github.com/Z-Wave-Me/home-automation/issues/275 and here viewtopic.php?f=3422&t=22595

Both places, I feel they think I'm being pedantic
Zway424

Post by Zway424 »

If you force interview of the thermostat, the web UI will allow you to change the temp to any Fahrenheit allowable value. The Zway control app still has the same bug though, so I still can't set the thermostat above 28 F via ZWay control app. The web UI is the only way to control ThermostatSetPoints for now. Hopefully this will be updated soon.
gschwanm

Post by gschwanm »

Hi!

I do not understand the 28° limit anyway. I use °Celsius, but still 28°C are not sufficiant in some cases.

BR
Martin
viper384

Post by viper384 »

Zway424 wrote:... The Zway control app still has the same bug though, so I still can't set the thermostat above 28 F via ZWay control app. The web UI is the only way to control ThermostatSetPoints for now. Hopefully this will be updated soon.
Download "Popp Hub" app on Gogple store. That app will load the same GUI that you see in the browser, hence the thermostat well work as expected. The developers have worked hard to make the web interface consistent across screen sizes and touch screen friendly. The official Zway Control app hasn't been updated in a while.
Zway424

Post by Zway424 »

I've tried "Popp Hub" with the same results. The thermostat can't be changed via the app.
viper384

Post by viper384 »

I have traditionally set my counter to C, so I tried F in config, and the same issue after force re-interview. Can only cycle from 0-40F. The temperature is reported in F, but the indicator indicates C. Maybe a bug report should be field at github? Fahrenheit temperature settings has never worked correctly. Now running v.2.2.1.
golaonline

Post by golaonline »

I am running a CT100 thermostat on v2.2.0, i had to change the config to F and re-interview to fix the same problem.. the fix only works on smarthome UI, not on expertUI.
viper384

Post by viper384 »

golaonline wrote:I am running a CT100 thermostat on v2.2.0, i had to change the config to F and re-interview to fix the same problem.. the fix only works on smarthome UI, not on expertUI.
Re-interviewing does not fix the problem for me.
Thermostat scale shows C but numeric value in F
Thermostat scale shows C but numeric value in F
zwave-1.png (20.84 KiB) Viewed 12861 times
Thermostat set point - max value is 40
Thermostat set point - max value is 40
zwave-2.png (10.67 KiB) Viewed 12861 times
Snip from Defaults.xml

Code: Select all

<SensorMultilevel>
                        <Fahrenheit>1</Fahrenheit><!-- Default scale to use -->
                </SensorMultilevel>
                <ThermostatSetPoint>