Devices lost after upgrade / downgrade

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
nic_rt

Devices lost after upgrade / downgrade

Post by nic_rt »

Hi,
I've tried to upgrade from to 2.1.1 to 2.2.2 leading to a non working configuration. I used the backup created automatically during the upgrade to go back to my previous configuration and I'm unable to get back to something that is working fine. In the expert UI all devices have disappeared!
This is a big issue for me and I can't imagine reconfiguring all again as this happened already once or twice with older versions. Except if someone has the solution, I will probably have to give up with
z-wave.me even if so much work has been achieved to make it better and better, loosing all without being able to recover again is too much for me this time.
Nick

Raspberry + Razberry + FGS221 x 4 + FGRM 222 + Aeon Labs Micro Motor Controller + FGK 101 + Z-Wave Aeotec Smart Plug-in Switch GEN5 + Minimote + Aeotec KeyFob + Greenwave Smart Power Node x 2
thaui

Re: Devices lost after upgrade / downgrade

Post by thaui »

I had the same issue. All controller data lost. Restore a former backup don' t work. Shit one year configuration work lost.
thaui

Post by thaui »

I like to warn all users with a running system from other brands (like Domoticz etc) to open the new and latest FW for the Razberry controller Z-Way Vers. 2.2.2. This FW will reset your controller without any warning. I would never believe that this can happen to an existing system just giving Z-Way a second chance. Unbelievable. So the backup function for the controller is nil and void.
pz1

Post by pz1 »

thaui wrote: Restore a former backup don' t work. Shit one year configuration work lost.
How did you produce that backup, with which version of ZWay?

I am curious because I thought it was stable now (See my backup/restore procedure)
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
thaui

Post by thaui »

As I said 2.2.2 not sure if the earlier version generated the same problem. I started with downloading the image 2.2.1 tried the backup prcedure without any result. Than I updated to 2.2.2. The firmware requested a new password as admin and than your controller is send to NIRVANA. Great job guys :oops:
pz1

Post by pz1 »

Have you tried info@z-wave.me for more help?
thaui

Post by thaui »

Not for this issue. Former emails, no response at all. Useless to contact them.
lacost

Post by lacost »

I have the same problem.
Upgrade to 2.2.2 - and loss all devices.
I have backup image of my SD-card. Restore old stable version - but device list is empty.
thaui

Post by thaui »

It has nothing changed in the past year. Customers doing the usibility test and in this case destroying their live system. :oops: But much more diapponting is that they are reading the forum and do not respond in any way.
lacost

Post by lacost »

I cant understand whats going on.
After upgrade to version 2.2.2 - my razberry lost all connected devices. It was a week ago.
Today I found 2 hours free time, very long patchcord, powerbank and go over my devices and insert it manualy (energy metter, and 5 switches).
All devices was included and configured and i saw all devices.
After that I turned off Raspberry from powerbank and turned on in the usual place.
When I came back to the notebook to configure my z-wave applications - my device list was empty :o

What happened?

My razberry worked fine 2 or 3 years... but this update destroyed all.

Does anyone have the success-story of recovery controller settings after this kind of "update"? I have image of my Raspberry SD-card.