Configuration Parameter

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
maddam

Configuration Parameter

Post by maddam »

Almost all Z-Wave devices are configurable from Z-Wave controller via its own Configuration Parameters.
How to achieve similar functionality in Z-Uno ? Example will be helpful. Thank you.
PoltoS

Re: Configuration Parameter

Post by PoltoS »

Z-Uno currently have only two parameters used mostly for debugging. Please check: http://z-uno.z-wave.me/z-wave/configuration-parameters/

We have not yet implemented user defined configuration parameters. We will do it in future. But keep in mind that with Z-Uno you can configure everything buy uploading new sketch and not only change some params, but also full business logic. So config parameters are not as needed in Z-Uno as in normal Z-Wave devices.
maddam

Post by maddam »

Yes and No.
e.g. If I want to have in one system more Z-unos act as buttons with different behaviour (one Z-uno toggle switch, another one standard switch), it is better for maintenance to have parameter accessible directly from Z-wave controller, against development tool and various sketches upload. Of course I understand that system is set one time and after not so much changes in the future.

Anyway glad to hear, you will support it in the future.
dom

Post by dom »

+1 for user configuration parameters (Byte, Short, List).
Chiquitoloco

Post by Chiquitoloco »

+1

Usefull to set a relay NO or NC for example.
I'd like use zuno to create devices for customers but if i need change parameter i don't want upload a new sketch.
You need to exclude and include again, that's mean devixe id change in the controller and need to change all scenarii
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

We have scheduled it for 2.0.7 (early October).

BTW, if you don't change channels and their types, you don't need to exclude the Z-Uno - changes are applied on the fly
g-knight

Post by g-knight »

+1 for sure!

My understanding is that parameter names have to be static (in Domoticz for instance, it's hard coded into an XML file along with documentation of each parameter).
If I'm right, I'm just posting this to say that I would be happy if we have USER_DEFINED_1..USER_DEFINED_n as names and the same logic used by getters and setters for the values.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

We have scheduled this for end of October, beginning of November.

Right, these will be like USER_DEFINED_n
maddam

Post by maddam »

Please could you add example for Configuration command class ? Z-Uno supports Command Class but information is missing even in REFERENCE webpage so there is no idea how to use it.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Configuration Command Class is currently used only for Z-Uno internal configuration. Check http://z-uno.z-wave.me/z-wave/configuration-parameters/

But in 2.1.1 (will be released for tests next week) we will introduce user defined parameters. There would be 64 parameters available for you