UZB1 Help

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
Tallads

UZB1 Help

Post by Tallads »

Hi, I am very new to HA subject, can someone help me!

I am trying to get the ZME-UZB1 working on a Raspberry Pi with DomoticZ. I have the following hardware;

Raspberry Pi Model B 1.0 (older one)
ZME-UZB1 (no license)
TKB TZ68E wall socket
Fibaro universal dimmer 2

I've tried using the DomoticZ binaries, stable and beta. I've also tried building the OpenZwave control panel separately, but with no success.

I can see there is some communication with the devices, using the OZW Control Panel through the DomoticZ interface when I try to include a device I see a dialog with OZW, the node is added, but it always ends with this message;

WARNING: ZW_SEND_DATA failed. No ACK received - device may be asleep

I've put the UZB1 stick into a Windows PC (W7 x64) and it is recognised only as 'Unknown device" in the USB Controllers, I have the driver from Zwave.me but it will not install against the device, I have also tried the FTDI driver, and if I force installation the device will not start.

Please can anyone help, do you think there is a fault with the UZB1?
pz1

Re: UZB1 Help

Post by pz1 »

I think you better (also) ask on the Domoticz forum. There is little Domoticz experience here.
ps: I moved this topic to the devices forum
Tallads

Post by Tallads »

Thanks pz1 will try DomoticZ forum too, but I think the problem is between OZW and the hardware, I am also not sure if the behaviour in Windows is usual, from the documentation I can find the device should appear as a COM device.
pz1

Post by pz1 »

In ZWay we have to define the port of UZB1 as /dev/ttyACM0 (a zero at the end)
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
Tallads

Post by Tallads »

Thanks pz1, i've dropped into the DomoticZ forum as well. I think in linux comms with the UZB1 is OK, I am using ttyACM0, I can see updates in OZWCP but all nodes show as dead.