Help setting up zwave on raspberry pi uzb1

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
Phil80

Help setting up zwave on raspberry pi uzb1

Post by Phil80 »

HI Guys,

I now have a zwave UZB1 stick (with no license at the moment) I followed the instructions to install on raspberry pi

wget -q -O - http://razberry.z-wave.me/install | sudo bash

noted the pw and username, rebooted the system with the stick installed (it flashed for and 2 seconds) logged directly into the pi and browser http://find.zwave.me,

It then showed me the following error;

An unexpected error occurred while initialising the Z-Wave controller data.
Please check
1.) if the controller is plugged in correctly,
2.) that in the app 'Z-Wave Network Access' the right port is entered
(UZB: '/dev/ttyACM0', Box: '/dev/ttyAMA0', UZB-Windows: '\\\\.\\COM3', Z-Stick: '/dev/ttyUSB0', embedded boxes: '/dev/ttyS0' or '/dev/ttyS1')
3.) the app is aktiv. If not you could activate it under Menu > Apps > Activ or add a new one under Menu > Apps > Local.
The Setting 'Expert View' needs to be active under Menu > My Settings.

All of the above were checked and seemed ok - is this where i need a license now for this stick? i did briefly try it on my mac with openhab but not with much success, its all pretty new to me. i managed to muddle through and get home bridge up and running on the pi B+.

Your help would be appreciated.
bibsel

Re: Help setting up zwave on raspberry pi uzb1

Post by bibsel »

Hello Phil80,

i got yesterday the same issue, its pretty simple :

go to the App´s -> then active App´s -> Z-Wave Network Access -> to line Serial port to Z-Wave dongle:

i think in youre case it´s something like /dev/ttyAMA0 this is the Point with the UZB Stick you need to write :

/dev/ttyACM0 now it should work.
Phil80

Re: Help setting up zwave on raspberry pi uzb1

Post by Phil80 »

Hi Bibsel,

I've managed to get rid of that error and the UI errors- disabled some blocking software in chromium. Now the issue I have is trying to pair my Danalock BTZE 125 to the uzb 1 stick. I tried selecting the maker then the lock-only listed 2 versions. I tried excluding the inclusion but no joy.
I will email to the software people I think as it man need to be updated for my particular lock.