UZB Firmware - Where?!

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
Tillsy

UZB Firmware - Where?!

Post by Tillsy »

G'day guys

Just received my UZB tonight and it has firmware 5.27 on it.

Was about to update it to 5.32 before I begin moving my system over to it.

But I can't for the life of me find the files?! I found the updater in the downloads section, though that seems to be for a "ZStick" - the UZB section doesn't have it? Downloaded that and then the latest firmware file, but only SDK 5 which seems wrong - firmware 5.32 has SDK 6.81 which is what I'd trying to update to (presently is has 6.7x).

This page lists the updates which is fantastic, being so regularly updated is specifically why I got the UZB:
https://z-wave.me/support/uzbrazberry-firmwares/

However, that particular page talks about using Z-Way to update it... I'm using HomeSeer.
PoltoS

Re: UZB Firmware - Where?!

Post by PoltoS »

You can download Z-Way, upgrade (turn off HimSeer for this) and the switch back to HomeSeer once done
Tillsy

Post by Tillsy »

Seriously? And I've been bagging Fibaro for imposing similar (buy an entire gateway product just to do firmware upgrades)... what a PITA... but at least just wastes a lot of time rather than cost like Fibaro :(

This whole OTA feature of Z-Wave is the dumbest thing in the history of technology - needs dumping and going back to the old days of simply having a firmware update app.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

You can do it yourself by sending simple commands to USB. The code doing upgrade is open - just do it. We do not oblige you to download it, we just make your life easier to upgrade faster.

If you know another way to upgrade, share it. I don't
Tillsy

Post by Tillsy »

Where is the code in the source?

I've tried installing Z-way on Debian - took a long while to get all the dependencies worked out, then other issues such as the documentation saying the start-up command is z-way-server when it is actually zwayserver, etc... but once I got it going I went to update the UZB but it said it was already the latest. So I tried updating Z-Way so it would know what the latest is, but it then said the updater service was not available.

So then I tried the Windows version. All end of problems trying to get that going so gave up on that too.

Would like to extract the update code into just a stand-alone application and just simply run that.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

If you want the latest 5.32 (it is hidden currently), enter "all" in the token field. (Use your Debian Z-Way)

But be causious, there are experimental firmwares too.

In a few weeks we will release 5.34 with few new features and make it public.
hunnypuppy

Post by hunnypuppy »

Hi, can you share what's the difference (change log if possible) between 5.33 and 5.34? Would you recommend we update to 5.34?

EDIT: I also see newer firmware up to 5.37 - is there a change log available?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

5.37 has some minor fixes for our production. Nothing important. Use the latest
dakota9

Post by dakota9 »

I've tried installing Z-way on Debian - took a long while to get all the dependencies worked out, then other issues such as the documentation saying the start-up command is z-way-server when it is actually zwayserver, etc... but once I got it going I went to update the UZB but it said it was already the latest. So I tried updating Z-Way so it would know what the latest is, but it then said the updater service was not available. So then I tried the Windows version. All end of problems trying to get that going so gave up on that too.