Smartthings issue

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
kitt002

Smartthings issue

Post by kitt002 »

I just got my Z-uno this afternoon, and it took me all of 15 minutes to get the thing upgraded to the latest firmware, a basic example sketch loaded, and paired successfully into my Smartthings hub. Out of the box, this looked fantastic. Then things went sideways, and I've spent the last 6 hours banging my head on the wall … I'm really hoping someone here can help get me back on track.

My goal for this device is to integrate two relays, and two sensors with Smartthings; so I made a quick edit to the example sketch to have two "simple control relays" … which compiles fine and loads fine … but I can't ever get two devices when it connects to Smartthings, always one. I've tried with/without the GitHub device handles, and alterations of most of the example sketches. I've mixed/matched channel types thinking maybe I was limited to one of each, and I even used the example sketch from the quick start guide which has 3 channels by default (to make sure I wasn't simply writing bad code) … the outcome is always the same. I've even tried pairing in the new app, and the classic app for most, if not all, the mentioned scenarios. I'll add that, every code change was accompanied by exclusion and repairing with the hub in order to be sure that changes had the best shot at being detected.

Maybe I setup smartthings wrong, or maybe I am just unclear on this should work and I'm simply approaching it the wrong way.

Does anyone one have any insight or suggestions on how to tackle this? … maybe there is a topic somewhere about using multi-channel in Smartthings and I just couldn't find it. Or perhaps there is a quick detail of how the device handlers need to be installed to get everything working. Does there need to be a SmartApp in addition to the handlers? (couldn't find one)

Thanks for any help you can provide.
PoltoS

Re: Smartthings issue

Post by PoltoS »

Hello!

The device handlers that we have made are for SmartThings engine that worked last year. Since they have released a new engine and everything is different now. We will have to look into. But SmartThings is really tough in integration
kitt003

Post by kitt003 »

Ok, so the existing device handlers are essentially useless in the current environment? Regardless of whether the new or classic apps are used?

What integration is available with Smartthings at this point?, or am I already looking at it?

What hubs are better options for integration? I'd really like to get this working to solve a few automation challenges that I have. I'm not a huge fan of Smartthings, but they've got market share and I'm slightly dug in. My z-wave network is currently over 30 devices , I have no idea if that's a lot or not, but I'd only want to move it all once … and not lose the Alexa integration that I currently have.

Alternatively, is there any Smartthings integration in various stages of test that I might be able to play with?

(Sorry for the name change … this forum seems to have trouble mailing my primary email address, so I can't activate/reactivate my accounts; this is my third attempt)
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Good gateways? Well, Z-Way is the one we do - you can use RaZberry board with Raspberry Pi. We can not suggest anything more ;)

As for SmartThings, we will have to take the new one and check with it, but SmartThings was always tough in integration.
derkg

Post by derkg »

Hi,

I have the same issue even when using the classic app. I added 5 relays that I want to drive from SmartThings, but only see the first one. I believe the issue is that the way the driver is set up, SmartThings only ever sees the first virtual device present on the Uno.

I suspect that it should be possible to use the work already done by ST_ANYTHING for other devices and add the Z-UNO, but I do not have the skills to do so myself.

Very frustrating!
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

We use the ST_Anything in our own template for Z-Uno (available on our GitHub). But at the moment we finished it a year ago SmartThings switched to the new template system and now we need to redo everything from scratch starting from understanding how it works now ;(( frustrating indeed
Vedm

Post by Vedm »

I only registered to ask if there's any news on the subject. Is there a timeframe for when can we get our hands on workable SmartThings device handlers for Z-Uno?

I found one instance of Samsung hub drivers on your Github which haven't been updated over 17 months now. Apparently those drivers still don't work:
https://github.com/Z-Wave-Me/SmartThing ... /z-wave-me
Vedm

Post by Vedm »

Hey guys!

Is there any news on Z-Uno SmartThings compatibility? It's been like 9 months since I last asked, and 14 months after last comment from Z-Uno team. This is getting old, literally.

I know, Covid pandemic is a disaster and the industry took a hit and all, I get it.

But could you just tell if we should even wait for a SmartThings driver? Please.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

There is unfortunately not plan to make a generic driver for SmartThings. You should do templates based on your exact channels by copying some similar template.

The last attempt to make a generic template by us ended by SmartThings team to suddenly change their API with zero compatibility with old one and zero help from their support. So we were helpless.

Sorry for this conclusion ;(

We now have one partner starting to sell ST in Europe, may be they will be more helpful to us.