Problem with uzb like secondary controller

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
ricargr

Problem with uzb like secondary controller

Post by ricargr »

Hi all, thanks for nice zway software

I have been using zway for many years, now my setup is a razberry like main controller and in other pc a debian with a uzb like secondary controller. My problem is that when i update state of for example a switch in the secondary controller, the state is correctly updated in the primary controller, but if i change state in the primary controller, the secondary controller is not updated. I have played with SUC, SIS, and nothing.
What am i doing wrong? thank you guys.

And another noob question, if i have another controller like aeotec gen5, can I use another software in the new pc only for aeotec?
ricargr

Re: Problem with uzb like secondary controller

Post by ricargr »

More info, when i try male association between controllers, it appears “Active in device but not selected in UI“
I cant change the association to active
Please help
ricargr

Post by ricargr »

Reading a little more i suspect this is a Zwave limitation?
Polling needed for secondary controllers? if so, then how to get battery motion status in real time in both primary and secondary?

I hope i am wrong. This is a very big limitation
IgoriokLT

Post by IgoriokLT »

I think there is an app, called Device Polling, it allows to poll devices which do not send reports. Check in the app store.
ricargr

Post by ricargr »

Thank you for your response and idea, but polling battery devices i think that will work no so good.
Polling non battery devices generates a lot of traffic in the zwave network (not efficient)

Anyone can confirm if it is like i wrote? No instant status update for more than one controller?
ricargr

Post by ricargr »

Any can confirm? thanks
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

If device's LifeLine group has only one device, you can inform only one controller. If more, you can inform both.
christopher2

Post by christopher2 »

As I understand Z-Wave, only the Master controller can perform enrollment Telldunkin.