„remember me“ not working at login to web UI

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
platypus

„remember me“ not working at login to web UI

Post by platypus »

When I log in to SmartHomeUI I always set the “remember me” checkbox but this never works as I expect. After restarting the computer or turning wireless LAN off and on on a smartphone I’m in a new session and it always asks again for credentials.
In case these credentials are saved in google chrome browser it gets even more annoying because an extra window for authentication pops up which does not work. In picture no. one this window with the stored credentials can be seen.
1.png
1.png (25.32 KiB) Viewed 6831 times
When I tap on login it just gets me to the plain login page where I have to put in the credentials again, see picture no. two.
2.png
2.png (25.44 KiB) Viewed 6831 times
And originally I clicked on a shortcut to .../smarthome/#/rooms but after login it always redirects to .../smarthome/#/dashboard so using home screen shortcuts or browser bookmarks makes actually no sense.

On another android smartphone which I use as a mains powered wall display I use “WebView” android app to have a full screen browser. This app offers the possibility for basic authentication and storing credentials and this does not work too.
PoltoS

Re: „remember me“ not working at login to web UI

Post by PoltoS »

The new v3.0.x uses new sessions and you can even make them permanent. Remember me will be removed soon
platypus

Post by platypus »

I already use 3.0.4, deleted the long list of old sessions, made my current session permanent and after rebooting my smartphone I experienced the described behavior. It still keeps asking for credentials.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

May be it clears cookies?
platypus

Post by platypus »

I observe this problem on three different android smartphones, on my windows desktop PC and on the raspberry pi itself.
The only situation in which I delete browser cache and cookies is after an update of z-way.

I also payed attention to only use one user on one device. There are no multiple users logging in from the same device.

New user sessions appear in z-way management although I set the last session not to expire. Is this expected?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

If you can reproduce it, we can check it if you provide us access ot your browser.
platypus

Post by platypus »

Yes it’s reproducible any time. I’d appreciate if you take a look at it. How can I give you access, what way do you prefer?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

please send to me in private message
Krooms

Post by Krooms »

Did you solve the problem?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

remember me is removed ;) it is not needed anymore as we now have concept of tokens with lifetime