NEO coolcam PowerPlug

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
cokeman

NEO coolcam PowerPlug

Post by cokeman »

Hi,

I'm trying to switch over from vera to Z-wave.me, have a PI 4b running with the z-wave-me RPi board.

I have an issue with trying to get my NEO cool Power plugs to work, it seams like then are stuck in the "interview" at 93%
1.JPG
1.JPG (14.89 KiB) Viewed 6712 times
2.JPG
2.JPG (58.02 KiB) Viewed 6712 times
3.JPG
3.JPG (13.64 KiB) Viewed 6711 times
What am I dooing wrong ?
rafale77

Re: NEO coolcam PowerPlug

Post by rafale77 »

If you are the same cokeman as on the vera forum and if you are moving your network from a vera, the problem here seems like the S2 security which you cannot interview because the vera never included the device securely... since it does not support S2 security. This is one of the rare case where you would have to exclude and reinclude the device so that it can be included with S2 security.
cokeman

Post by cokeman »

Hi again, Well thats me. :-)

but the Plug is brand new, never used before, and I'm trying to include it directly. (not moving anything, just testing with spare devices)
there is no mention in the manual that this device has S2 support, and I selected an unsesure including.

as of now, the vera has it's own life, and I trying to build a new setup om z-wave.me.

so let's just pretend that I don't have a vera :-)
rafale77

Post by rafale77 »

Well not completing interview is not a problem on z-way. The device will work just fine. Here it is not completing because you included insecurely. You can clearly see from your screenshot that the one failing command class is the S2 Security...
liamheyen

Post by liamheyen »

seems like the vera never included the device securely
run 3 full game
cokeman

Post by cokeman »

liamheyen wrote:
26 Mar 2020 11:57
seems like the vera never included the device securely
No vera involved here. only zway and a neo power plug. (Yes I have a vera, but this a test setup, the VERA is not involved in any way)

it's a clean zway, and a never before used neo power plug.
rafale77

Post by rafale77 »

By default, Always default to include all devices securely. Most devices will respond and say they don't support security and zway will proceed without. Only some weird devices will fail that way and is why there is a no security option. Only vera has some weirdness about failing security even on non secure device so I think you are carrying over some vera traumatism like I do.
cokeman

Post by cokeman »

rafale77 wrote:
26 Mar 2020 21:01
By default, Always default to include all devices securely. Most devices will respond and say they don't support security and zway will proceed without. Only some weird devices will fail that way and is why there is a no security option. Only vera has some weirdness about failing security even on non secure device so I think you are carrying over some vera traumatism like I do.
Yep,

Just tried again, with a another new NEO power plug, and tried to include it securely.
11.JPG
11.JPG (35.48 KiB) Viewed 6649 times
12.JPG
12.JPG (18.04 KiB) Viewed 6649 times
13.JPG
13.JPG (15.81 KiB) Viewed 6649 times
After that I had to exclude it, and include it un-securely. and again, the "interview" shows the
2.JPG
2.JPG (58.02 KiB) Viewed 6649 times
But I trust you when you say, that it not a problem. ;) (Just don't like it when it does not show 100% complete) :shock:
rafale77

Post by rafale77 »

On not being 100% interviewed: Some will be that way by design. I have the example of the aeotec Smartdimmer 6 Which when included without security shows instances 0,1 and 2 with all being dimmer and 2 having a color control. Which is not documented and strange and it would only miss a couple of command classes, mostly security so I would be 90%. If I include it securely then it behaves correctly with all the right command classes, eliminating all the fake ones and shows as a single dimmer and single color control. Instances 1 and 2 would not report anything: If you interview any of their command classes, the device will ACK and not send back anything. So I am now at 65% interviewed but it is correct.
In your case, your device may claim to support S2 but the firmware may not have been fully implemented and maybe the developers gave up on it and only left it in the device info.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

@cokeman You need to enter the PIN code in the first field. You are using a dark skin where you have hard to distinguish fields to enter from read-only fields. Here the first (with 0) is to fill, others are read-only.