Maximum number of nodes

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
ridewithstyle

Maximum number of nodes

Post by ridewithstyle »

Hi there,

I have a question regarding the mamimum number of nodes of a ZWay Network. Whenever I exclude-reinclude a node, the node-id is set to the next unused id. Especially when experimenting with Z-Uno that means the node-ids jump up pretty quickly. What happens if I reach the 200-ish theroretical limit of z-wave? Will ZWay start to re-use previously used and freed node-ids? I am already at 100 now, so that's not so far away.

And while we're at it, is there a way to re-assign node-ids to e.g. sort devices? E.g. Living room are 10s, kitchen 20s, etc.

Sorry if that's buried somewhere, I didn't find it in the developers documentation, nor at Z-Uno docu or the forum.

Best regards,
rws
rafale77

Re: Maximum number of nodes

Post by rafale77 »

Hi,

This has nothing to do with z-way. It is completely controlled by the z-wave chip and the z-wave standard. The limit is 232 nodes so if you count the master controller, 231 + mast controller. The numbering is incermental from 1-232 and then goes back to the next available from 1-232.

https://www.vesternet.com/pages/underst ... es-devices
ridewithstyle

Post by ridewithstyle »

Hi,

I am aware of the limit by the z-wave standard, but the handling of node-ids and their re-organization could be something that ZWay could influence. Hence the question of re-enumeration.

Cheers,
rws
rafale77

Post by rafale77 »

I don't think it does... at all. These are all in the zwave specs. Even re-organization/routing is within the zwave radio chip.