2nd stick also bricked - UZB firmware 5.36 update failed. Device is bricked. Return to seller

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
sender

Re: 2nd stick also bricked - UZB firmware 5.36 update failed. Device is bricked. Return to seller

Post by sender »

Yes, bricked mine as well and then ended to this topic...
pellen

Re: 2nd stick also bricked - UZB firmware 5.36 update failed. Device is bricked. Return to seller

Post by pellen »

Looks like the same happened to me as well. Also a unit with the SN: 04.19.01.
I just grabbed a new one, and it has the same SN as well...is there even a point in trying to upgrade the fw, or should I just leave it with the 5.27 that's on it now?
SweetGenius

Post by SweetGenius »

I just received a UZB stick from a US seller.
Part number ZMEUUZB1
Serial number 4.19.01
Firmware 5.27
Has anyone successfully updated the firmware on one of these with the "B1" in the part number? Does it suffer the same brick problems as the "BB" stick?
Thanks
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

The B1 refers to some packing info and not to technical specifications of the stick, so they should be same.
olalid

Post by olalid »

I have the exact same problem, I just bricked my device with the same serial number marking.

I really wish that there would be some kind of warning somewhere on the instructions page for firmware update that devices like this can not be updated...?
It is not like anyone will first search the forum for information...
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Sorry, unfortunatelly due to production problem on our subcontractor factory some sticks get's bricked, but some do not. There is no way to know in advance. Hopefully they are replaced for free
AutomateMe

Post by AutomateMe »

PoltoS wrote:
14 Nov 2020 02:05
Sorry, unfortunatelly due to production problem on our subcontractor factory some sticks get's bricked, but some do not. There is no way to know in advance. Hopefully they are replaced for free
To my experience it's not some, but most sticks will get bricked. From the 6 sticks I tried in a year only 1 updated and 5 were bricked.
Still have one bricked left, which my seller will not replace.

Would like to know where to obtain a stick in the EU which can be updated or has the latest firmware.
So if anyone has any pointers where to get one, that would be much appreciated.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

We have many in Russia, but for those sold in EU by Z-Wave Europe we can not guarantee anything ;( Very sorry for that bad experience.