UZB Update problem - UZB Controller blinking without pause

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
Clubber2000

UZB Update problem - UZB Controller blinking without pause

Post by Clubber2000 »

After listening today to the very interresting webinar I rocognized that my UZB firmware was quit old.

After several firmware and Bootloader updates of my UZB I am now on:

Firmware
Library Type: Static Controller
SDK Version: 6.81.01
Serial API Version: 05.34

Why does the updater there not offers the 05.36 Version to me? Only a downgrade would be possible like you can see on the picture:
pic1.PNG
pic1.PNG (27.61 KiB) Viewed 4983 times
The second problem is: from the moment of ending the update process of the UZB firmware, the controller build in LED is blinking all the time without any pause? Is this normal? I dont think so. Everything seems to work normal in my system like before.

What could be the reason for such a great data traffic over the UZB controller. The controller queue shows this:
pic2.PNG
pic2.PNG (23.7 KiB) Viewed 4983 times
PoltoS

Re: UZB Update problem - UZB Controller blinking without pause

Post by PoltoS »

If you look here (https://service.z-wave.me/expertui/uzb- ... ith_hidden) you will see that for somewhat reason 5.34 have no switch to 5.36, but you can go back to 5.33->5.27->5.36

Blinking is okey - this will be fixed in next release.

The queue is okey, this was discussed during the webinar, W flag is normal especially after Z-Way restart.
Clubber2000

Post by Clubber2000 »

Thanks PoltoS. Update worked. The update grafik is really crazy. :)

So I just have to wait for the update which stops disco style UZB stick in my living room.
Clubber2000

Post by Clubber2000 »

Today I was lucky to see that a new UZB firmware version is out:
Unbenannt.JPG
Unbenannt.JPG (46.69 KiB) Viewed 4799 times
How can I switch to this version from 5.36? The only offered version in the expert menu is a downgrade to 5.27. I tried the downgrade in the hope to upgrade from 5.27 to 5.37. But only again upgrade to 5.36 as the newest version.

PoltoS could you please advice how to update to the firmware with the solution to the always blinking led?
Clubber2000

Post by Clubber2000 »

My UZB ist still blinking. Is there no way to upgrade the Firmware via the Expert UI?
anom3

Post by anom3 »

A) 5.37 is out but not really out... According to https://service.z-wave.me/expertui/uzb- ... graph.html its not even in the list of options... Plotous should chime in here...

B) The blinking appears to be a bug... Do a start inclusion / stop inclusion. I have the same behavior on 2 of my uzb sticks. Looks like it starts up in inclusion mode.
Clubber2000

Post by Clubber2000 »

Thanks anom3 for your helpful response.

Doing a start / stop inclusion stops the blinking. Perfekt. I hope it lasts for a longer period.
Soni1c

Post by Soni1c »

Simply plug the cable into a USB port on your console and connect the other end to your controller Sonic Breakfast Hours