Z-Way beta release: New notification concept in Z-Way

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
PoltoS

Z-Way beta release: New notification concept in Z-Way

Post by PoltoS »

We are happy to announce that we are almost done with full rework of notifications in Z-Way. A completely new concept will be much more intuitive and easier to extend with additional notification channels.

Concept and structure:
  • A new concept of Notification Channel is introducted. The channel is the way to deliver messages to users. They can rely on push, e-mail, SMS or any web service. An app can register a new channel in the system. For example MobileAppSupport is providing channels for push messages to Z-Way Android and iOS apps, NotificationChannelEmail uses Z-Wave.Me mailing system to deliver mails, NotificationChannelSMSru is used to deliver SMS messages (mostly for Russia, but you can clone it for your country service or suggest us to do that). Next in our queue are Pushover, Pushbullet, Mandrilla,... Anything else you would like to see?
  • A channel can be assigned to a user. In that case notification to the user will use all channels assign to this user.
  • The new app NotificationSend can send any message to any channel or user. It creates a scene - when activated a message is sent.
  • The scene created by NotificationSend can be used in If-Then, Logical Rules and Scenes.
  • The new NotificationFiltering app can be used to send notifications to different channels/users on alarm events or sensor reaching some level
  • When user is granted new devices, NotificationFiltering will automatically add notifications for important alarm sensors to that user. You can edit them at any time.
To touch the future
Download and install the package https://storage.z-wave.me/z-way-server/ ... _armhf.deb

Current limitations
  • Notifications editor from user settings or device settings are not yet finished - will be added in next beta
  • Old Pushover, Pushbullet, Mandrilla,.. and other such apps are not yet reworked.
  • The user is supposed to reconfigure all push/email/SMS notifications that were configured before.
To report problems or suggest a brilliant idea
Please write bug reports or suggestions to z-way@z-wave.me
DesT

Re: Z-Way beta release: New notification concept in Z-Way

Post by DesT »

I just updated on our Ubuntu/Debian VM!
samcuran

Post by samcuran »

Wow, This new release sounds good. I never expected this much.
Now I can reply on mails,push etc and no need to worry about notifications, there is alarm sensors, can also edit.
It's amazing.
Dan

Post by Dan »

Good news!
I want to have smth like NotificationChannelHTTP to sent notifications to Telegram messenger
Also it would be usefull to sent variables of device like $Title, $Level, $LastLevel, $RoomName etc

Now there are only 2 apps, that can be used to send messages to Telegram: HTTP Bridge and Sensor value logging, so I can either conveniently make bulk add of devices, either sent values in messages. It would be perfect, if you combine that advantages
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

We think about making a Telegram channel app - special app to send in Telegram. This is in our TODO. May be you can contribute by taking the NotificationChannelEmail as a base. The think is quite simple to do, but setting up the channel is a bit complex for normal users
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

New version released with the ability to edit notifications from device settings page.
z-way-3.0.6-19-g72f25a9_armhf.deb
Dan

Post by Dan »

How can I install it?
sudo apt install https://storage.z-wave.me/z-way-server/ ... _armhf.deb ?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Code: Select all

export BUILD=3.0.6-23-ge57fd1b; cd /tmp/ && wget https://storage.z-wave.me/z-way-server/z-way-${BUILD}_armhf.deb && sudo dpkg -i z-way-${BUILD}_armhf.deb
Dan

Post by Dan »

I have installed 3.0.6-23-ge57fd1b, but can't find new features. Where are they located?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Please make sure to clear cache. Then make sure the NotificationFiltering and MobileAppsSupport apps are running (should be by default) and then go in any widget settings (gear) and set notifications.

You can create new e-mail targets in NotificationChannelEmail app