Schlage BE469ZP association settings

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
vlad

Schlage BE469ZP association settings

Post by vlad »

I have new Schlage BE469ZP (ZWave+) lock with Firmware 3.3 (SDK 6.3).
Included into RaZberry 3.06 controller firmware 5.32 (SDK 6.81) network.

Tried multiple times inclusion (with S2 security, with PIN) - Interview always failed on PowerLevel class but I used trick to set in URL. Now it shows 100% and device is working from UI fine.

But Schlage lock does not report status back to the controller. If I open/close it manually - I can see in log that not a single package got received. If I issue the Update command from Expert UI then the lock reports it's current status correctly.

I looked at lock's associations and lifeline is not set to Z-Way. I tried to set it from Association tab and from Expert commands tab, set command got delivered to the lock but when asking Association Get, the lock reports association is not set (Association Report(01, 02, 00))

Is this problem with the lock or Z-Way or else?
PoltoS

Re: Schlage BE469ZP association settings

Post by PoltoS »

I would assume it as a lock problem. Because it should allow adding controller to Association group #1 (LifeLine)
vlad

Post by vlad »

Well, I might try the lock with smartthings hub. They still does not support S2 though but locks are reporting back it's manual changes as far as I can read on ST forum.
But I like that RazBerry does not need cloud to operate in contrast to ST.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Try to include the lock in S0 mode only may be it will work with RaZberry too? And may be request a new firmware upgrade from Schlage
vlad

Post by vlad »

How can I force S0 with RaZberry? During inclusion in Expert UI the only enabled option is S2. S0 radio check box is disabled.
vlad

Post by vlad »

Also, might be unrelated. After reboot the red LED on RaZberry board stays lit until I reset API from Expert UI.

Is it by design? What does this LED mean?

Thanks for your help.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

vlad wrote:
27 Aug 2020 04:28
How can I force S0 with RaZberry? During inclusion in Expert UI the only enabled option is S2. S0 radio check box is disabled.
Don't select S2 keys when asked to grant them. If S0 is disabled, then your lock is S2 only. But I doubt - it would not work at all in non-S2 controller.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

vlad wrote:
27 Aug 2020 05:07
Also, might be unrelated. After reboot the red LED on RaZberry board stays lit until I reset API from Expert UI.
This is a know problem. Does not make any problem except for producing red light. Upgrade your RaZberry to 5.39 and it will go away.
vlad

Post by vlad »

I have upgraded RaZberry to 5.29 (it stops showing SDK in Expert UI but you already know that). Well, still the same - cannot assign the LifeLine to ZWay.

Ok, I went ahead and excluded this lock from RaZberry and included it in Smartthings V2 hub.
Hub asked for DSK pin and after 20-30 sec. lock was included. I've checked inclusion status on a hub:

MSR: 003B-0001-0469
fw: 3.3
manufacturer: Schlage
networkSecurityLevel: ZWAVE_S2_ACCESS_CONTROL

So, it does use S2 and also looks like it reports back. Manual lock/unlock operation changes status in 1-2 seconds. it seems it's working as it suppose to do. Unless ST pooling it every second but that will drain lock battery in a week. Too much traffic would be in this case.

I don't know what to do.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Can't assign LL m and nothing is in the group when you try to add it?