BUG : 3.0.6 (Probably others...) Battery marked device dead on restart = NOP packets on each unsolicited report

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
rafale77

Re: BUG : 3.0.6 (Probably others...) Battery marked device dead on restart = NOP packets on each unsolicited report

Post by rafale77 »

No need, my data already proves that the serial API does not return the device as failed given that no other controller shows these devices to have fail using the uzb and not even the z-way server since the failed devices change every time.
PoltoS

Re: BUG : 3.0.6 (Probably others...) Battery marked device dead on restart = NOP packets on each unsolicited report

Post by PoltoS »

Can we look on the log, please? From Z-Way start. And please show which device was marked as failed that time.
rafale77

Post by rafale77 »

I don't know how to get the logs. I can only tell you I just restarted my z-way-server 3 times.
1st time device 38-86-132 marked as failed
2nd time device 12-186- 211
3rd time device 38

I took the Uzb stick and turned on silabs PC controller: No device marked as failed.
Put the Uzb back and turned on openzwave: no device failed.

Restarted z-way-server
devices 132 and 172 marked as failed.

Note that every time it happens, the device actually works fine: Responds to poll from the z-way-server and for sensors, they all report correctly after I send the JS command to untag them. So no the uzb does not see them as having failed and no, the devices have not failed only the z-way-server did. As long as I don't restart the z-way-server, they all work fine and never have any problem until the next time I restart the z-way-server.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

We need this file: /var/log/z-way-server.log
Stop Z-Way, purge the file, start it, then stop and start again. Send us the file (we will see two boot up processes and then we can see which are marked as failed).
cruizea5

Post by cruizea5 »

I finally was able to upgrade the uzb with the ZME tool and booted the z-way-server. So far no false IsFailed report.