Please make a ZWay API available to the world!

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
Ricard1

Please make a ZWay API available to the world!

Post by Ricard1 »

Hi @PoltoS,
Would you be interested in making your nice Z-Wave engine available through open API for other platforms i.e. Domoticz? Of course license/cost based, I would gladly pay at least the same or more Z-Way cost.
I think this would bring you a lot of license sales as OZW is very slow in development and seems hard to follow the Z-Wave evolution. A lot of users are frustrated like me.

Kind regards,
Ricard
PoltoS

Re: Please make a ZWay API available to the world!

Post by PoltoS »

The latest version is always available here:
https://github.com/Z-Wave-Me/Z-Way-Manu ... Manual.pdf
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

We are also working on OZWay wrapper: libzway with OZW interface. This will make it possible to use Z-Way in native way in Domoticz and Home Assistant. Hope we release it soon as first beta. Volonteers are wanted!
michap

Post by michap »

Great news,... I'm using Domoticz since a very long time and not very happy with OZW.

Will be happy to test it !!

Michael
Ricard1

Post by Ricard1 »

PoltoS wrote:
18 Oct 2020 11:52
We are also working on OZWay wrapper: libzway with OZW interface. This will make it possible to use Z-Way in native way in Domoticz and Home Assistant. Hope we release it soon as first beta. Volonteers are wanted!
Great news! :)

Will be happy to beta test on one of my less critical systems, thanks!

Ricard
klirichek

Post by klirichek »

Sounds good!
I've moved to domoticz since z-way lacked support of another hardware (namely - xiaomi/aqara). Then added another things, like receiving data from rtl-433 with sdr stick.
Now I've realized that yandex home may work with z-wave (and so, hold z-wave widgets) and with xiaomi/aquara.
Right now I have both (domoticz and z-way) run on same device (cubietruck), added mosquitto there and try to set up z-wave devices working in domoticz from z-way via mosquitto (that is not hard, will finish it next week). However native support would be better.
Ricard1

Post by Ricard1 »

@PoltoS

Hope you are fine! I'm curious about yours progress in OZW Wrapper? :)

I believe we are many ZWave users, longing for the day we can use the Keyboard Delete button on OZW folder ;-)

Cheers!
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Work in progress. We will notify once it is done. Sorry for being late. I know that many people would love to use it in conjunction with HAss and Domoticz.
Juanuil

Post by Juanuil »

PoltoS wrote: ↑18 Oct 2020 10:52
happy to volonteer :D :D