Impossible to download software

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
sacatak

Impossible to download software

Post by sacatak »

It seems that it is impossible now to download any software from the z-wave.me
For example, the following link is not working: https://storage.z-wave.me/z-way-server/razberry.img.zip
Do you know if it is a temporary issue?
Regards,
palatia0815

Re: Impossible to download software

Post by palatia0815 »

same issue with me. Not possible to download software via wget.
Not possible for me to install using "wget -q -O - https://storage.z-wave.me/RaspbianInstall | sudo b"
palatia0815

Post by palatia0815 »

palatia0815 wrote:
08 Dec 2020 09:46
same issue with me. Not possible to download software via wget.
Not possible for me to install using "wget -q -O - https://storage.z-wave.me/RaspbianInstall | sudo b"
Works now for me... Case closed!! Thanks for your help.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

It was nightly server maintainance. Sorry
solomonj

Post by solomonj »

New Razberry installed today at 17:30 eastern time US, same problem. Is there a backup for when storage.z-wave.me is down for maintenance?

Updating at 19:54 eastern time, US, server is still unavailable. All my devices were already excluded from my Z-Stick Gen 5. It is frustrating that with a brand new device I can't rebuild my network because the server that Z-Way is hosted on is (I assume) down for maintenance? You don't have a farm? Or at least a hot spare for the server? I politely suggest that you consider that server important enough for a mirror or hot spare since you cannot install, rebuild, or update the product without it. This is my 2nd razberry. I used the gen 1 razberry for several years without issues. The installation/update server was always available. I would never have expected to be unable to rebuild my network on Z-Way because one server is down. Is the server going to be down regularly in this timeframe? That is very impacting to customers in the US. Please tell me that your maintenance hours doesn't now run all evening in eastern time? Having to do my own maintenance during daytime or late night hours locally would force me to rethink going back to razberry.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Sorry, we were moving our infrastructure to another host server. This resulted in about 7 hours of down service of our storage service.

This work was a preparation for making mirrors of those services in future. We have do prepare virtual infrastructure for this.

We do maintainance during European nights. Unfortunatelly this is evening in the US. Moving it to few hours later (US night) makes it a bit too late for us.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience. Now we are on a new server which is fast and with a lot of space for future.
solomonj

Post by solomonj »

Thanks! I greatly appreciate that! I'm thrilled that you're making some mirrors! I hope you have a wonderful holiday!