Problem adding multilevel sensor to Homeseer

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
AJTozer

Problem adding multilevel sensor to Homeseer

Post by AJTozer »

I'm working on a ZUno module project. The first board is working fine. I assembled a second board and programmed it with the same firmware (after updating to the 2.1.7 bootloader). This board always fails when trying to be added to my Homeseer Z-Wave network.

This is the log of the add device process. After this the top-level device exists but neither of the child devices exist. Any ideas what might cause this error?

Code: Select all

A new node is being added...
Adding a new SLAVE NODE...
DONE - Add Node Operation is Complete.
Done. Node 43 Added.
Reloading (importing) node information...
Synchronizing node information with HomeSeer and creating new device(s) as necessary...
Synchronize nodes finished. Number of device nodes to be created/added = 1
Z-Wave manufacturer information for node 43, ID: 277=115H (Z-Wave.Me), Type: 272=110H, ID: 1=1H
Node: 43 Supports Class(es): ZWAVEPLUS_INFO, CONFIGURATION_V3, ASSOCIATION, MULTI_CHANNEL_ASSOCIATION_V3, FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD_V3, DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY, ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO, POWERLEVEL, VERSION, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC, SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_V7
Node 43 is Z-Wave version: Lib: 4.38 App: 2.17
Node 43 is a Z-Wave Plus node. Retrieving ZWPlus Info...
Error: Exception creating Sensor Multilevel child device of node 43, GET for supported sensor types indicated failure.
All associations for node 43 have been retrieved successfully, it supports associations on these groups: 1.
Internal: Adding association for Z-Wave device Node 43 Z-Wave Z-Wave.Me Multilevel Sensor (Node 43, Group 1) to HomeSeer
Finished.
The device has two channels and the code that creates them looks like this.

Code: Select all

ZUNO_SETUP_CHANNELS(
                    ZUNO_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL(ZUNO_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_TYPE_TEMPERATURE, SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_SCALE_CELSIUS, SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_SIZE_TWO_BYTES, SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_PRECISION_ONE_DECIMAL, getTemperatureValue),
                    ZUNO_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_GENERAL_PURPOSE(getCount)
  );
PoltoS

Re: Problem adding multilevel sensor to Homeseer

Post by PoltoS »

Do you have a more verbose log to see what was received by HomeSeer and what is it complaining about. From this log it is not clear
AJTozer

Post by AJTozer »

I've also posted on the Homeseer forum to see if I can get any more information from that direction.

One thing I can think of that might be different is that on my original board the device was added to my network before I updated to 2.1.7. I hadn't updated my environment in some time so I'm not sure version I was using. But I added the device to my Z-Wave network while using the older bootloader. Then I later updated to 2.1.7, flashed the new bootloader and my firmware and everything still worked. This is the first time I'm trying to add a device using version 2.1.7.

That may not have anything to do with it. Just trying to figure out what might be different between these two boards.
AJTozer

Post by AJTozer »

FYI. I downgraded to both 2.1.6 and 2.1.5 and it had no effect on the problem.
AJTozer

Post by AJTozer »

I found the problem. I was trying include the node while it was in rescue mode. I thought that was required since the device is almost always asleep. But, it seems that trigger inclusion/exclusion (three service button clicks) wakes up a sleeping device to do the include/exclude so going into rescue mode isn't required (and doesn't work).