HomeKit does not recognize one out of 16 fibaro roller shutter 2

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
THB

HomeKit does not recognize one out of 16 fibaro roller shutter 2

Post by THB »

I have strange issue with my z-way / homebridge installation. I have 16 fgr-222 fibaro roller shutter 2 devices included in my z-way installation (raspi 2 with first version Razberry). They are working fine in my z-way interface. It was a bit difficult to include them because since 2.3.6 it seems that the inclusion Interview always stops at 92% but the device was always correctly identified.

The issue now is that when I install the homebridge plugin and import the devices with my Apple device, 15 devices are „correctly“ identified as switchMultilevel except for one device (nr #6) that is always not recognized by Apple HomeKit (device not supported). The strange thing is that it worked, when I only had 10 or 12 devices but since my installation has grown, it is only recognized as an unsupported device.

The roller shutter has exactly the same firmware settings like the 15 others. I have deleted the homebridge and included it again several times, always with the same result, nr 6 is unsupported.

Anyone having an idea what the reason could be ? How can I solve that ?
venicenerd

Re: HomeKit does not recognize one out of 16 fibaro roller shutter 2

Post by venicenerd »

Were you able to solve your issue? Also can you actually set percentage levels on your Fibaro Shutters? On mine I can only set either 0% or 100%. Also they show up as dimmable light bulbs in HomeKit for me (but you can also set the level to 0% or 100%).

How do yours show up?
michap

Post by michap »

Hi,

shutters were calibrated? (Parameter 29)

Michael
venicenerd

Post by venicenerd »

I calibrated the shutters directly on the Fibaro Switch itself. I didn’t do any software calibration in the z-way interface. Is this required? If so could you let me know how that works?

The shutters do correctly open and close I just can not set any intermediary percentages such as 30% or 60%. The interface will always just jump to 0% or 100%.
ARK1

Post by ARK1 »

I seem to have encountered the same problem. I've a dozen Aeotec light / dimmers configured and I've just added the last two. All work as expected in z-way but one reports as not supported in Homekit. All the others work fine in Homekit. I've checked and double checked and all are configured identically.

I'm smelling a strange bug in the Homekit Gate! Did you find a solution?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

This should be fixed now in v3.0.0-rc31
equathza

Post by equathza »

Is there any timelime when v3.0.0-rc31 will be out for testing?
-> A fellow Z-way user running a network of 50+ devices
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

It is! and new v3.0.0 is out now.

Please see https://forum.z-wave.me/viewtopic.php?f=3422&t=32604