Need help to start with z-stick and one fibaro switch

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
radar

Need help to start with z-stick and one fibaro switch

Post by radar »

Hi,

That's my second thread and I'm completely lost, so I ask for some help.

I have the following hardware:
  • Z-wave stick for z-wave.me
    a synology nas DS414
    mac computers
    FibaroFGS 221 V2.1
And I cannot figure our how to use them all together. The first issue is how to include the Fibaro into the network. There is no button on the z-wave.me stick to enable device inclusion. So:
  • How should I proceed?
    Can I manage to do something with my existing hardware or do I need to buy at least a raspberry?
    I'm lost between synozwave, openremote, and other softwares. Is there one of them I can use in my case?
Thanks a lot for any help.
pz1

Re: Need help to start with z-stick and one fibaro switch

Post by pz1 »

I guess synozwave is best fitted in your situation. I haven't followed it recently. Look on their site if they support DS414. CPU architecture is the most critical. Community was quite active at the time.
With regard to OpenRemote, I can say that it is rather limited in terms of supported devices at the moment. I do have my doubts about the viability of that community project.
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
radar

Post by radar »

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Actually, I have synozwave running on my NAS but cannot figure out how to add devices with this specific stick.
pz1

Post by pz1 »

radar wrote: cannot figure out how to add devices with this specific stick.
That is indeed a problem. RaZberry won't help you. Also OpenRemote does not have a function to do that.
I am not aware of any on-line setup service as there used to be on the now dicontinued Z-Cloud service.
You may try to trade in your stick for the Aeon stick that can include/exclude devices.

edit 20141102: I looked into the JIRA project tracking system of OpenRemote. There is a inclusion/exclusion function planned. Last activity in June this year. Also planned is low level Z-Wave protocol. Last (adminstrative) update May 15 2014
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum