Setting WALLC-S Configuration parameters with RaZberry

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
GregN

Setting WALLC-S Configuration parameters with RaZberry

Post by GregN »

Hi,

I have seen various discussions on this forum about problems with the WALLC-S and I have tried many versions of the RaZberry z-way-server software (including the latest - z-way-server-RaspberryPiXTools-v2.0.2-rc2-beta-20-gcdd3a19.tgz) but I cannot get it to recognise the WALLC-S properly.

I use the expert UI but when I include the device it always comes up with unknown device type 24 and trying to manually set the type does not work either (it doesn't remember the setting). This means that when I try to set the configuration parameters it says that there aren't any. Trying the expert commands seems to have no effect either (either reading or writing the parameters).

All I want to do it set configuration parameters 11-13 to send on/off/dim instead of central scene to gateway. Can someone suggest how to fix this or what version of z-way-server might work? Alternatively, is there some other software that I could use to achieve this?

Thanks,

Greg
pz1

Re: Setting WALLC-S Configuration parameters with RaZberry

Post by pz1 »

Continue trying. Took me two days. I don't know why I got it working at all.
This is a dreadful device. It's insane that you have to push four buttons at the same time. Not exactly user friendly. I also found it not as reliable as the older (and different) two battery device. I did replace that one because I needed that for a separate controller-less installation for someone else. I do regret it now. Sometimes I have to push the new one four times before the associated light switches. The old one never failed from the same location
GregN

Post by GregN »

Hi pz1,

Thanks for your reply. What did you keep re-trying - the include or manually setting the device type? And what version of z-way-server eventually worked?

I have to say that I have already been trying to get this going for over 3 days now with various version of z-way-server and windows with a UZB1 (which seemed to be even less functional than the RaZberry :cry: ).

I really would have thought that a simple function like this with 2 ZWave.me devices should just work.

Greg
pz1

Post by pz1 »

GregN wrote:Hi pz1,

Thanks for your reply. What did you keep re-trying - the include or manually setting the device type? And what version of z-way-server eventually worked?
The thought that it ought to be simple made me keep trying. I am using v2.0.2-rc1 on Raspi2 with UZB1. IIRC correctly in the end I did reset the device, and next included it with only one push at the button.
(The device descriptions and the UI give rise to confusion. In many places the end user instructions look like a badly reworded technical device specification.)
I have to say that I have already been trying to get this going for over 3 days now with various version of z-way-server and windows with a UZB1 (which seemed to be even less functional than the RaZberry :cry: ).
I can't prove it, but I do indeed feel that my 3rd gen RaZberry is more robust. I am concerned about that because I expected it to be the other way around.
I really would have thought that a simple function like this with 2 ZWave.me devices should just work.
My other Zwave.me device gave no problems with RaZberry
pz1

Post by pz1 »

GregN wrote: ....
pz1 wrote:I can't prove it, but I do indeed feel that my 3rd gen RaZberry is more robust. I am concerned about that because I expected it to be the other way around.
Maybe the lower reliability of UZB1 wrt RaZberry might be caused by the higher data rate of UZB1?
(FWIW: See this discussion on TheThingsNetwork (LoraWAN). They work in the same frequency bands as Z-Wave, and have the same legal usage constraints. Lower data rates seem to lead to less data loss.)