Accessing existing UZB Controller normally used in Domoticz

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
Ricard1

Accessing existing UZB Controller normally used in Domoticz

Post by Ricard1 »

Hi,

I am testing ZWay (Windows 3.1.2) and trying to access a UZB Controller with its devices (nodes). This UZB is used in Domoticz but I like to see some basic functions of ZWay. So I installed ZWay and temporary stopped the Domoticz service, I logged into ZWay/Expert mode and can access the UZB Controller but no Devices is seen only the # 1 that is the Controller. I have checked HomeID and inserted the correct Domoticz Networkkey.
So, do I need the ZWay License to see any Nodes, I understood I should be able to see at least some limited numbers of Nodes even I have no ZWay License?
PoltoS

Re: Accessing existing UZB Controller normally used in Domoticz

Post by PoltoS »

Go here: http://127.0.0.1:8083/expert/#/licence and press Try Demo button
Ricard1

Post by Ricard1 »

Thanks PoltoS,

Sorry for asking that obvious step, it did the trick to expose my two Nodes in my smallest Z-wave system.

However the Interview step of Nodes does not success so I guess it has something to do with security key, even I think I carefully set the security key "Networkkey tags" from "Empty" to "binary" and key field as the S2 formated keys strings (not using S2 in OZW). I wonder if there is something else I have to do in config file editing or inside ZWay GUI settings to activate Security mode because Networkkey field had "type = "Empty"" and no 16 byte value were preset at all before my editing, but also after editing config file and running ZWay I see that the key I entered was overwritten again! :(

Please tell me the steps in more details what to do to migrate my UZB Controller.

Thanks again!
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

OZW does not support S2, so nothing to set here.
As for the S0 key - it might need to be ported from OZW if Security S0 was used.
Ricard1

Post by Ricard1 »

Is strings NetworkKey and Security S0 meant to have same 16 byte key? In Domoticz/OZW there is only one 16 byte key.
HomeID is only found in config file name as far I found out, is that correrct?

What properties must be fulfilled in ZWay to migrate a Controller used with Security S0, has this really been done before?

I would suggest to have GUI editable fields for security keys, I cannot think it is more secure as keys already is in clear text in config file.

Thanks for your efforts!
Ricard1

Post by Ricard1 »

@PoltoS

I checked config file again and I guess you mean "Networkkey" is S0, as I cannot find any S0 description?

So, I am getting some frustrated that I can not get your instruction to work, strange that after restart ZWay to apply my edited Networkket data it is overwritten again... This should be simple something in ZWay is not behaving as you expect? :?

Did you try doing this yourself, not using a backup to restore a S0 secured network in a new empty ZWay installation?
Ricard1

Post by Ricard1 »

@PoltoS I really appreciate your help here so I can evaluate ZWay and prepare for the coming OZWay integration.

Cheers!
michap

Post by michap »

@Ricard1:
yes, it should be the Network Security Key from UZB configuration in Domoticz:
"If you are using any Security Devices, you MUST set a network Key The length should be 16 bytes!"

(but I haven't tried to switch using the key....)

Michael
Ricard1

Post by Ricard1 »

For me it does not work edit the NetworkKey field by inserting the 16 bytes from Domoticz. If you read my previous comments :)

Everyone says "edit the NetworkKey field", yes I know and it seems a logical and simple solution. But as I tested several times and on different systems I start to believe no one actually can say they successfully done this themselves!

I suspect that if installing a fresh ZWay but did not included a Node, and/or not in Secure (S0) mode, then the code does not even look at NetworkKey field... ?!

It would be nice if ZWay people could test this and confirm how to do it - once for all !

Cheers,
Ricard1

Post by Ricard1 »

@PoltoS ?