Zipato RFID Mini Keypad: tags are not added

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
dantoine

Zipato RFID Mini Keypad: tags are not added

Post by dantoine »

Hello, I have been using a Zipato RFID Mini Keypad for many years with Zway. After a complete reinstallation of the system with new razberry controller (7 Pro), I can now correctly include the Zipato, but I am unable to add my RFID tags. I have the current zway version v4.0.1 in use and also the Zipato RFID keypad plugin is installed in version 1.0.5. When I want to add a new tag, it also tells me message area to press home and then hold the tag to the keypad. Unfortunately, nothing happens here then. According to Sniffer a user code report with code is sent from the keypad. Unfortunately, the code does not seem to be processed correctly by the plugin. Can anyone help me or does anyone have the same problem?
Raspi 4 - (bullseye) Zwave Version 3.2.3 Raz 7 Pro, Serial API Version: 07.13
PoltoS

Re: Zipato RFID Mini Keypad: tags are not added

Post by PoltoS »

Please show the log. Security was enforced in the new Z-Way v4.0.1 and unsecure devices like Zipato RFID might stop working. But it is easy to fix by checking in Expert UI → Configuration → Expert Commands → Device settings → AcceptBasicSet/Report can be set to unsecure.
dantoine

Post by dantoine »

Hello PoltoS,

thank you very much for your answer. But unfortunately that doesn't seem to help either.

I have now looked at the "Zipato RFID Keypad" plugin (index.js). If I understand it correctly, the new RFID tag should be added in the function "failureCodeObserver". For this, the observer is added with the line:

Code: Select all

self.device.UserCode.data[0].status.bind(self.failureCodeObserver);
Unfortunately, it seems that the instance

self.device.UserCode.data[0]
does not exist. Therefore this function is never called and consequently the RFID tag is not added.

Do you know on which instance the Observer should be bound, so that the User Code Report, sent by the Zipato RFID Mini Keypad, can be received and processed in the plugin?

I have now tried to register the tag with the JS command:

http://<IP>:8083/ZWave.zway/Run/devices[69].UserCode.SetRaw(1,[0x01,0x01,0x8F,0xF8,0x44,0x,0x01,0x2E,0x02,0x70,0x00,0x00],1)
Fortunately, this has now worked. This at least allows me to manually merge all my tags back into the system.

Since the bug is obviously with the Zipato plugin, it would be nice if this problem could be fixed.
Raspi 4 - (bullseye) Zwave Version 3.2.3 Raz 7 Pro, Serial API Version: 07.13
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Do you mean data[0] should be changed to 1 ?