EnerWave 7 button Scene Controller

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
PoltoS

Re: EnerWave 7 button Scene Controller

Post by PoltoS »

We see 4 commands delivered to the device and NO ONE received. So, this is on the device side.
Mike Yeager

Post by Mike Yeager »

Well, since it's working, I'm not going to worry too much about it. Can the scene be changed remotely on these things?

On second thought, I may have a problem. The device doesn't survive a reboot of the RPi....

EDIT - I have a support request in to the manufacturer. The device doesn't seem to reliably stay connected to the system (possibly due to the interview never completing). There's got to be a way to get it to complete...
Mike Yeager

Post by Mike Yeager »

Should this scene controller show up in the device control section of the blue UI? I have a binary switch that shows up under switches and my door locks show up under locks. Not sure if the scene controller should show up under switches or at all....
Mike Yeager

Post by Mike Yeager »

As an aside, apparently the controller I received is an older version. They are sending me a replacement from the newest version...
dylancaponi

Post by dylancaponi »

How can you tell the controller is an old version? Mine says Rev 1.3/2.1 Lock Module RF5024095. Kwikset 910 CNT ZW. Is that the same as yours?
Mike Yeager

Post by Mike Yeager »

This topic is in reference to a scene controller, not a lock. I found out from the manufacturer that what I have is an older version. I'll update the thread when I get the new one as to whether or not it works properly. I hope it does as it's a really nice wall switch setup...
mlouis

Post by mlouis »

I'm new to this. Just got everything setup and my dimmer switch and outdoor module are working great.
But now I'm struggling with the Enerwave 7 button Scene Controller.
Mine also will not complete the interview. Any help would be appreciated.
Mike Yeager

Post by Mike Yeager »

I've got a newer version of the controller that should be arriving any day. It's supposed to fix this issue and I'll post here as soon as I get it. On a lighter note, can anyone help me figure out how to translate a command into something that will work? In the log, I see this:

SETDATA devices.14.instances.0.commandClasses.43.data.currentScene = 2

I'm trying to figure out how to send the equivalent command in the form:

http://127.0.0.1:8083/ZWaveAPI/Run/devi ... ene.Set(2)

but no matter how I change the command, I'm not stumbling across the right combination. I've been giving it hell but I'm not getting to where I want to be...
pofs

Post by pofs »

If you want just change data value, then
http://127.0.0.1:8083/ZWaveAPI/Run/devi ... entScene=2

If you want to send SCENE_ACTIVATION_SET command to device, then
http://127.0.0.1:8083/ZWaveAPI/Run/devi ... ion.Set(2)
Mike Yeager

Post by Mike Yeager »

Thank you pofs. Probably the ONLY thing I hadn't tried. Probably tried something close though...