RC33 vs RC35 or beyond

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
jstaffon

RC33 vs RC35 or beyond

Post by jstaffon »

When I first downloaded the Z-Way software for my Raspberry/Razberry, I performed a sudo wget to the install link...not specifying a specific version. It downloaded RC33. I've also played with RC35 and the UI is much different (NIce job, btw!). Which is the preferred stable version to be running? Is RC35 being used in a production mode and ready for prime time? Also, I see RC39 is out. How should we determine the latest, stable, recommended version to be running?

Thanks in advance!
Jeff.
PoltoS

Re: RC33 vs RC35 or beyond

Post by PoltoS »

Last stable is v2.0.0

RC means Release Candidate and is never thought to be stable. It is a version we propose to test. Usually it is pretty stable, but it is aimed to collect feedback. We believe we can make a release withing June.
jstaffon

Post by jstaffon »

I look forward to the next stable release. Except for what's stored on the devices, will all of the settings, scenes, etc automatically transfer or will we have to redo the modules, etc? It seems to me it's usually a clean install and everything will have to be redone.

UPDATE: I looked on the Firmware tab and my current version is 2.0.0. Below the "Update" button it had release notes for RC33. I thought the release notes were for the version I was running.

Thanks bud!

Jeff.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Release notes holds all notes on all releases to inform you on what happened since.

Everything should be migrated to the new release