Backup failed z-way windows

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
Dridl

Backup failed z-way windows

Post by Dridl »

Hello!
I'm trying to backup configuration through Expert UI, after pressing Create Backup button I got an error:
Error: Internal error
In log:
[zway] Failed to read info about maps: Access denied
Procmon:
z-way-svc.exe 2920 ReadFile C:\Program Files (x86)\Z-Way Service\config\maps\.keep END OF FILE
z-way-svc.exe 2920 ReadFile C:\Program Files (x86)\Z-Way Service\config\maps\1.jpg END OF FILE
z-way-svc.exe 2920 ReadFile C:\Program Files (x86)\Z-Way Service\config\maps\1.jpg END OF FILE
z-way-svc.exe 2920 QueryDirectory C:\Program Files (x86)\Z-Way Service\config\maps NO MORE FILES
z-way-svc.exe 2920 CreateFile C:\Program Files (x86)\Z-Way Service\config\maps IS DIRECTORY

Directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Z-Way Service\ has full access for Everyone
Z-way version number: v2.1.2-rc17 (Windows)

How to create backup?
Thank you!
PoltoS

Re: Backup failed z-way windows

Post by PoltoS »

Looks like config/maps folder fo not exist in Z-Way folder. Please add it or provide correct permission to it.
Dridl

Post by Dridl »

Folder exist with two files inside:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Z-Way Service\config\maps\.keep
C:\Program Files (x86)\Z-Way Service\config\maps\1.jpg
Everyone has full access to folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Z-Way Service\config\maps\
Reboot not helped )
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

According to the code Z-Way fails to read folder content (lstat() returns Access denied). May be worth to update (just make a full copy of your files before - all user specific data is in config/ and automation/storage)
Dridl

Post by Dridl »

I upgrade Z-way to latest version v2.2.3-rc2 and have same problem and error in log. Also I found new backup option in
Management with another error:
{"data":null,"code":500,"message":"500 Internal server error","error":"Error: Internal error"}
Is it possible to use backup function?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Hm.. we will doublecheck it and get back to you. Second backup fails for the same reason as the first.
Dridl

Post by Dridl »

Please find a solution. I think the root of problem is one and therefore of the root problem I can't install new apps.
Thank you!