Dimmer Level - higher or lower

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
Quallenboxer

Dimmer Level - higher or lower

Post by Quallenboxer »

Hi,

i had an light dimmer. Now i want to change the lightlevel with a remote to the actual level +10 or -10
for example: level is 50 -> button press -> level 60 -> button press -> level 70

is there a chance to do this with the "if-then" app? or witch oder ways recommended?
thx
PoltoS

Re: Dimmer Level - higher or lower

Post by PoltoS »

Unfortunatelly If-Then itself do not allow this. But you can add a code device that will do it and add it in If-Then.

You can also write special +N/-N module that will create appropriate vDevs itself based on a device and N. And yhen you can even publish it for others via our developer.z-wave.me ;)
Quallenboxer

Post by Quallenboxer »

ok, tanks for the reply
gsaw

Post by gsaw »

Quallenboxer wrote:Hi,

i had an light dimmer. Now i want to change the lightlevel with a remote to the actual level +10 or -10
for example: level is 50 -> button press -> level 60 -> button press -> level 70

is there a chance to do this with the "if-then" app? or witch oder ways recommended?
thx
Probably you have to create 10 "if-then" modules.

Code: Select all

if dimmer.level < 10 and remote.button1 = on then dimmer.level = 10

if dimmer.level >= 10 and dimmer.level <20  and remote.button1 = on then dimmer.level = 20

if dimmer.level >= 20 and dimmer.level <30  and remote.button1 = on then dimmer.level = 30
and so on until 100
pz1

Post by pz1 »

Probably you have to create 10 "if-then" modules.
For going upwards, and another 10 for downwards
And repeat that for all dimmers....

What you actually need is a generic N-state Switch. They are around in the wild in physical form, but developers (also those of other systems!) seem to have difficulty to implement that concept. (I know it is not trivial)
Quallenboxer

Post by Quallenboxer »

hmmm.... i just had a look at the "if-then" app. It looks like there is no way to combine the if-statement with an AND operator. So i could only check "button pressed=on" but could not check "AND light level greater/smaller/between than".

So it doesn't work with the if-then app?!?
pz1

Post by pz1 »

Did you look into the Logical rule app?

I don't have any dimmer, but on the interface of my radiator thermostats I see this:
thermosta set.PNG
thermosta set.PNG (6.2 KiB) Viewed 7259 times
Don't know if dimmers have the same. It would be a nice generic feature if one could set the step size other than 1 in the configuration.
gsaw

Post by gsaw »

Quallenboxer wrote: So it doesn't work with the if-then app?!?
yes, it was my mistake, it is the "Logical Rule" Module, not "if-then"