Z-Way 1.5.0 Release

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
SolarFlor

Re: Z-Way 1.5.0 Release

Post by SolarFlor »

SolarFlor wrote:Thanks,
When do you believe there will be a documentation to explain how to move here?

It would be very useful for non-expert like me.
Saluti
Floriano
any update on this?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

@alexey.zimarev:

Please make sure Olinuxino uses same TTL voltage as RaZberry. If Z-Way server do not "find" controller during startup, means the RaZberry board reported something wrong via serial port. Either you damaged it somehow connecting to Olinuxino (ESD or somthing else) or different voltage is used.

Also a good idea for you would be to use special USB stick for Z-Way: http://rus.z-wave.me/shop/controllers/z ... r-windows/ (you seems to be form Russia, right?). It is fully compatible with Z-Way.
alexey.zimarev

Post by alexey.zimarev »

As I described on ask.z-wave.me, the RaZberry board works fine on Olinuxino, it was a problem with serial port pins. However, the communication seems to be very slow. I am using RPi now and will try to experiment on Olinuxino later. And, surely, I checked the voltage on RPi GPIO and Olinuxino UART ports, it is the same 3.3V.

Although I am from Russia, I live in Norway. I am able to buy either ZME_ZSTICKC or ZME_ZWAYW but the latter is very expensive. Do I have to buy that one or both sticks are OK?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Only the ZME_ZWAY is identical to RaZberry board. First one (Z-Stick C) have same h/w, but different firmware (no Z-Wave.Me needed features for Z-Way). Z-Way will not run on it.
alexey.zimarev

Post by alexey.zimarev »

I see. It is too expensive compared with the RaZberry board. Also it would be nice to have everything inside a case. I will continue experimenting :)