Razberry as secondary Controller

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
hpd

Razberry as secondary Controller

Post by hpd »

Walking around the house with a razberry to include all the devices is not a very comfortable way to set up the zwave Network.

Derived from my understaning it should be possible to use an Aeon Z-Stick S2 configured as Primary Controller.

After having changed the role of my razberry to be a secondory Controller of my Z-Stick Controller I expect the razberry to read the included nodes from the Z-Stick.

It appears to me I managed to do this, but with following issues:

1. Razberry as secondary Controller sees the devices included to Z-Stick Primary Controller, but is not able to Change configuration Settings for this Controller. I tried this witch Philio PSM01-2 Sensor.

2. Devices added to Z-Stick Primary Controller after inclusion of razberry secondary Controller will not be shown by razberry.
Z-Way 2.0.0-final on Raspberry Pi
t2tonesimone

Re: Razberry as secondary Controller

Post by t2tonesimone »

Same issues with walking around to include, in then end I got a micro usb battery pack and a nano wifi adapter and this seemed the easiest. I have has success running the Aeon s2 as a secondary controller and using it to run z-cloud but no luck with primary issues as you suggested
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Why do you need to walk around? If your devices uses 4.5x SDK, they have Explorer Frames. If not, include your device around RaZberry and them move them and update the network routes.

If you decided to use Aeon S2 as the Primary, you need to keep in mind:
1) All the devices are configured to notify the wakeup to S2 stick, so RaZberry will have problems to configure them. This can be changed in Wakeup section of configuration (you need to use inclusion button sequence on sleeping devices to wake them up so that RaZberry sees them - this should be done near RaZberry).
2) You need to re-include RaZberry in S2 each time you include a device. Or do Request Network Updates if S2 provides SIS.
pz1

Post by pz1 »

PoltoS wrote:Why do you need to walk around?
I had a problem with a Zwave.Me switch that apparantly was mounted in an awkward corner of the house. Removing it from the fixed wiring is not really pleasant. Fortunately Razberry is small enough to move close to that place. Took less than 10 minutes. Works like a charm now
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Z-Wave.Me switch uses Explorer Frames. If you have more 4.5x devices, it can be included just in place without moving them closer.
hpd

Post by hpd »

@poltos
my understanding of inclusion procedure was, the Primary Controller should always be very closed to the device to be included/excluded ( < 1 m).
If I understand your comment properly, this is no longer needed if the devices are using "Explorer Frames".

This is great News for me. Will this work also, if the location of the device to be included/exclucded makes several hops to the Razberry necessary?
Z-Way 2.0.0-final on Raspberry Pi
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Right! Explorer Frames and NWI (Network Wide Inclusion) comes together with 4.5x and 6.x SDKs. Most of new devices do support these features now.