Get data via Apiary API

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
dolpheen

Re: Get data via Apiary API

Post by dolpheen »

pz1 wrote:My original question was not getting things to work (I know that), but to understand how the Apiary API is supposed to work in the end. That is the question for the Zwave>Me team.
Ok, then I didn't get the question right. (I put a hard point to OpenRemote connection in your post)
As for my opinion for OR there is that OpenRemoteHandler(as Homkit module) that should manage the connection and provide data that OpenRemote require ('on/off' for switches, integers for levels etc., only for these reasons).
As for HA API, may be the good point to have ability to dig into object, as example of realization:
To have data - /ZAutomation/api/v1/devices/ZWay_bla_bla/data/metrics/level, etc.
To run command - /ZAutomation/api/v1/devices/ZWay_bla_bla/command/on, etc.
Razberry B+ 2.0.1-rc25 on ZW500 + 15 devices / Razberry B 2.0.1-rc25 on ZW300 for test
pz1

Re: Get data via Apiary API

Post by pz1 »

The very rationelle for OpenRemoteHelpers was simplicity for the user, by hiding as much as possible the complexity of z-wave commands. As such the OpenRemoteHelpers are a somewhat more generic interface, not only restricted to OpenRemote itself.