Schlage Model BE469 support

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
usar59

Schlage Model BE469 support

Post by usar59 »

I have my Schlage Model BE469 included in the network and functioning... to some degree. I am able to lock and unlock it. It appears that people are having different degrees of success with connecting this lock.
Since (in my install) there is not the option for selecting the correct lock model in the "Select device Description" I have tried a number of different choices with different degrees of success.
Does anyone know if there is a way to select the correct or a better XML config file?
I have the Schlage Model BE469 Config parameter document and I have started to see if I can create my own. Has anyone else had success with this?
One of the threads in this forum seems to imply that they were able to get to the code config section of the lock but didn't identify which XML file they used.
Thanks for any suggestions that can be provided.
jensmoes

Re: Schlage Model BE469 support

Post by jensmoes »

I think you will have to create your own xml and submit to the pepper1 database, I have not seen any in there.
I also have this lock and had the same experience as you. It works OK but I would like the Alarm Command Class to be implemented so the status can get updated in the UI when the lock is manually opened or closed.
Do you know if there is another way to achieve this?
melchoir55

Post by melchoir55 »

Does zway not support the Alarm class? They have listed it in in their documentation. I didn't notice this at first, but now that I check my interview results, I do notice that the interview of the alarm class doesn't complete.

Is the manual lock update notification sent via this class?

UPDATE:
I think the lock I was using is defective, or the razberry chip is. By remoting into another razberry with a schlage lock I was able to see manual lock state changes without difficulty in the log file.
jensmoes

Post by jensmoes »

Yes the server supports it but there is no support in the Z-way HA AFAIK.
jensmoes

Post by jensmoes »

I have updated the Niffler module used for switches in this post: viewtopic.php?f=3422&t=21079&p=56290#p56290 to also support door locks which send out the Alarm event.
It can be downloaded from here: https://github.com/jensmoes/Niffler