Battery Stella-Z

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
LAN-Opfer

Battery Stella-Z

Post by LAN-Opfer »

I used a Stella-Z for a few months. Last Weekend my room keeps cold :-( the last values from Stella-Z was send a few hours ago. The Battery-Status was 107% - since I installed the device.
I changed the Battery and the device worked again - with 107% Battery. The Battery Status seems to be a fake.

Uwe
Z-Way v2.0.1-rc18 on Raspberry Pi
pz1

Re: Battery Stella-Z

Post by pz1 »

Same here with several batteries. I had one that ran on 0% for over a year. That device ran for a year and 9 months on one set. Others go flat much faster. I have a recent batch of 5 that dropped the power level within a few days to around 66%.
skiv71

Post by skiv71 »

The StellaZ is my most common device.

Before I implemented my auto polling, my battery level's did not look right.

See now :)

LAN-Opfer

Post by LAN-Opfer »

...I also use the modul "Battery Polling" - but it seems not to work

Uwe
Z-Way v2.0.1-rc18 on Raspberry Pi
skiv71

Post by skiv71 »

I don't use any of the module features, this is my own work :)
pz1

Post by pz1 »

skiv71 wrote:I don't use any of the module features, this is my own work :)
With all due respect, but imho this kind of response does not really help other users and the community at large to get their problems with Razberry solved. In an other topic you told us that your system is proprietary. Fair enough! If I understand the licencense terms correctly everyone is free to extend the code. So what can/should the community and the developers do with your remarks, so things can improve?
skiv71

Post by skiv71 »

Hi pz1,

Yea, I understand this won't directly solve z-way user's issue's and I'm sorry for that.

With my system, user's can use the standard features and/or meta points (which support javascripts/ecmascript) to automate the various feature's of their systems.

The background code/systems etc. that interact with the various interfaces (as I call them) i.e. z-way, rfxcom are my own work and likely beyond most users.

But the whole point of BMS Link is to create a simple system which works (and with multiple technologies) and negates the need for such knowledge.

This allow's user's to get down to the dirty of true automation instead of spending time with the subsystems.

I'm posting to show that when properly implemented, the z-way server meets my needs (and I suspect others) completely.

Z-Wave and z-way is my preferred interface. :)

Neil