2gig ct100 set point and read temp with F

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
melchoir55

2gig ct100 set point and read temp with F

Post by melchoir55 »

I'm having a lot of difficulty trying to use the ct100 with Fahrenheit. When I read the temperature, it always returns celsius. Further, it isn't accurate into the decimal range. This means that temperatures like 75F and 76F are the same (from the thermosat's point of view) because they are both 24C.

I'm trying to create a UI which allows the user to view the current temp in F. The thermostat clearly knows this temperature. If you look at the thermostat's screen you see a very accurate temperature reading (for example 77.5F) and it does recognize a distinction between temperature settings like 75F and 76F.

Is there a way to get the Zway software to properly report the internal state of the thermostat, or to at least report more accurate numbers? If it dealt with C only that would be fine, but the fact that it rounds to the whole number makes conversion to F impossible.
pofs

Re: 2gig ct100 set point and read temp with F

Post by pofs »

Basically the precision depends on what device reports, so if device reports it with fraction digits, the precision won't be lost. But it may be the UI that rounds the value and doesn't allow to set fraction values. You may see what actually stored by looking at

Code: Select all

http://ip:8083/ZWaveAPI/Run/devices[X].ThermostatSetPoint.data[Y].val
where X is device id, and Y is mode number.

Z-Way operates in Celsius by default, but it can be turned to Fahrenheit by editing Defaults.xml file.
melchoir55

Post by melchoir55 »

I made changes to the file at /opt/z-way-server/config/Defaults.xml and then rebooted the machine. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to have had any effect. You'll note in the screenshots that although the setting was changed, the return value from the server is still C.

I have attached screenshots below:

pofs

Post by pofs »

You need to re-interview device (or just this particular command class) after changing that setting, because it previously remembered another measurement unit.
melchoir55

Post by melchoir55 »

Thank you, this resolved the problem.