Multi Sensor Gen5 Zw074-C AEOTEC

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
marcosavo

Multi Sensor Gen5 Zw074-C AEOTEC

Post by marcosavo »

Hello,
I am trying to set up this device with the z-berry. If I select for the interview the old Multi Sensor 1.18 everything seem to work fine, but there is no movement detection and no FLIRS. the pepper1 database, already have this device included, the 640:
Attempt to update razberry/peeper1 database:

http://www.pepper1.net/zwavedb/device/640

sudo wget -q -O - razberry.z-wave.me/install/v2.0.1-rc22 | sudo bash

sudo LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/z-way-server/libs find /opt/z-way-server/config/zddx -name "*.xml" -exec /opt/z-way-server/z-cfg-update {} \;
This new device is not included. So I run:
./UpdateXMLs.sh
(dir /opt/z-way-server/ZDDX)
Would return some errors:
Updating ZDD XML database
Done
Creating index file for ZDDX
Error loading Z-Wave Device Description XML 640-0086-0002-004a-03-03-5c-01-02.xml: list index out of range

So, I included manually this xml file, editing ZDDX.indx*
I then select this file in the list of the interview page, seem all fine, but in the configuration page everything looks like is corrupted:
Configuration Settings

Nº 1 - Sensor report type on Get without instances: Value was changed to Temperature, humidity and luminance but not stored in device yet.
Nº 3 - On time: Value was changed to 20 but not stored in device yet.
Nº 4 - Enable motion sensor: Value was changed to Enabled but not stored in device yet.
Nº 111 - Unsolicitate reports interval for timing groups 1: Value was changed to 100 but not stored in device yet.
Nº 112 - Unsolicitate reports interval for timing groups 2: Value was changed to 100 but not stored in device yet.

Correct way to configure this device?
pofs

Re: Multi Sensor Gen5 Zw074-C AEOTEC

Post by pofs »

Acrually those xml files don't affect device functioning. You might not have a fancy picture and config parameters description strings, but it should work.

"Not stored in device yet" means you've configured them, but device is currently sleeping, so the commands are waiting for device to wake. As soon as you wake it, values will be stored in device.
marcosavo

Post by marcosavo »

Well, I kind of figured it out, about this piece of junk, thanks to this http://www.domoticz.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5&start=40 I had to configure all manually. You spend 50 bucks for something that work worse than something I can do myself with a PIR sensor for two euros.
porkbun

Post by porkbun »

@marcosavo, were you able to solve the issue and how? If so, do you happen to have any steps?

I've set parameter 5 [1 byte] to 1 in order to make it work, but it doesn't seem to be reporting the motion properly. I do see a red LED come up every time i walk across it.
elvizgz

Post by elvizgz »

Do you see anything sent in z-way-server.log when movement is detected? With param 5 set to 1 you should see basic command class sent. Check that you have param 4 set to 1 (1 byte) to enable motion sensor (probably you've already done this).

For me it's a lottery that motion sensor works. I have many of these devices and some work and some others don't. But in my case, when motion doesn't work I can't even see the red led when I walk across it. I've asked aeon technical team and they told me to try re-including the device again. I did it but it still doesn't work. I'll try with another RaZberry...
z-way server v2.0.0 - RPi B+ + RaZberry