Danfoss lving connect

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
pz1

Alternative firmware?

Post by pz1 »

Just a thought: Obviously I do not know the hardware details of DLC, but wouldn't it be possible in principle that they produced a different firmware as a user upgrade for the DLC? Firmware upgrades are possible on Aeon's Z-stick for example.
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
Manders

Ok, turns out i think i have

Post by Manders »

Ok, turns out i think i have either a dud DLC or an older version. I just downloaded the manual from Danfoss ranadall and the the valve should be programmable directly from the the valve controls and it has a different LCD screen than my valve. Needless to say I am returning my existing valave and will try to source a current version....!!!
pz1

What version number

Post by pz1 »

I have Documents:
VDHMB202 © Danfoss 09/2011
VDFNN202 © Danfoss 02/2011
The second one only contains part of the first. The image in both documents resemble the valve I actually own.
Can you indicate the number of the document you found? (It is in the footer)
Manders

Ok i think i boobed, i was

Post by Manders »

Ok i think i boobed, i was looking at the Living eco document. Anyway Danfoss say the Living Connect is not yet on sale in the UK...
pz1

It might be the case that

Post by pz1 »

It might be the case that this applies to their controller plus panel. It is also said to be temporarily not available here in the Netherlands. What I learned from the Dutch representative there was some problem with a substantial part of the heating stoves here in this country, which are partially controlled by the outside temperature. Their algorithms did not take that into account. He said the new controllers were to be available in June 2012. I have not heard this story from other sources yet.
Manders

LightwaveRF

Post by Manders »

Well finally I have some kind of schedule working at the right time... I think I will be very fortunate if the batteries last 6 months at current drain rate, but i'm continuing to monitor that.

I just popped into my local hardware store last night and bought some LightwaveRF devices off the shelf, at (much) cheaper prices. I know they are not technically not as good, and the build quality is not as good either, but it took half an hour to set up and it works...

I still like the Z-Wave devices in principle, but i think the future in the UK for home automation is LightwaveRF as its more suitable for typical home users.

pz1

DLC might not work without other Zwave devices around

Post by pz1 »

Bear in mind that if you ultimately want to control your whole house with DLC devices, you will need several other "always on" Z-Wave devices to keep the ZWave network alive. Battery driven devices like DLC can't do that because they sleep most of the time.
Manders

Cant they all just

Post by Manders »

Cant they all just communicate directly with the Z-wave controller? Houses in the UK arent so big...
pz1

It depends very much on how

Post by pz1 »

It depends very much on how the house has been built, and where your Z-Wave controller is located. Walls and floors can be real barriers. The claim is 30 meters for indoor connections. In my house the controller has difficulty to connect a distance of 5 meters with two walls in between. It is advised to have your controller in a central position
PoltoS

It is not possible

Post by PoltoS »

without disassembling the device. And Danfoss will not do it anyway the comming year - they are quite conservtive!