job queue runs full after upgrade to v4.1.0

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
lanbrown

Re: job queue runs full after upgrade to v4.1.0

Post by lanbrown »

The long-range is a license feature, so that would be independent of a backup. Another way to look at it, if it was part of the backup, then if you had more than one controller you would only need to buy the extra feature like Zniffer once. You could then just do a restore and re-include devices.

Z-Wave.me should be able to issue a new license that disables long-range support. Out of the five controllers I had, only one I had issues with and the upgrade to 4.1.3 fixed the queue bug for me. Long-range is enabled but no devices are included using it on all five controllers. I have updated all of them to the latest firmware release for the Razberry 7 boards. The one I had the issue with, it had a Quibino device included on it and that particular device has been troublesome in the past; dropping off the network, no responses, etc. So I do think the queue issue does get triggered by at least one device that isn't behaving correctly. The Quibino device is included without encryption. They released a newer firmware but you need to send the device in to get it and from what I understand is that the firmware is the same as the previous release but they remove encryption support. What vendors are your various devices?

the only other issue I had was a board getting stuck as inoperable from time to time. A reboot didn't even clear it, it had to be a power off to reset it.
MrRusch

Post by MrRusch »

lanbrown wrote:
14 Jun 2024 19:18
The long-range is a license feature, so that would be independent of a backup. Another way to look at it, if it was part of the backup, then if you had more than one controller you would only need to buy the extra feature like Zniffer once. You could then just do a restore and re-include devices.

Z-Wave.me should be able to issue a new license that disables long-range support. Out of the five controllers I had, only one I had issues with and the upgrade to 4.1.3 fixed the queue bug for me. Long-range is enabled but no devices are included using it on all five controllers. I have updated all of them to the latest firmware release for the Razberry 7 boards. The one I had the issue with, it had a Quibino device included on it and that particular device has been troublesome in the past; dropping off the network, no responses, etc. So I do think the queue issue does get triggered by at least one device that isn't behaving correctly. The Quibino device is included without encryption. They released a newer firmware but you need to send the device in to get it and from what I understand is that the firmware is the same as the previous release but they remove encryption support. What vendors are your various devices?

the only other issue I had was a board getting stuck as inoperable from time to time. A reboot didn't even clear it, it had to be a power off to reset it.
Haha I have 43 Qubino Flush 1 Relay and Dimmer devices. :lol: 3 of them I was not able to include securely, all others are S0. I will try and exclude these specifically and see what this does.

EDIT: Nah, no change.
lanbrown

Post by lanbrown »

MrRusch wrote:
15 Jun 2024 12:39
Haha I have 43 Qubino Flush 1 Relay and Dimmer devices. :lol: 3 of them I was not able to include securely, all others are S0. I will try and exclude these specifically and see what this does.

If it wasn't for the temperature probe support, I would have no need for them. I use them as a relay and for temp readings.

Rather than fix their firmware for encryption support, they just removed it entirely. That and the lack of OTA, Quibino is on my do not buy list unless they fit exactly a need that another vendor does not.

I have two of those Qubino relays and on one of the systems, it always has some timeouts even though it is fairly close to the controller. I find the range of the Qubino to be fairly poor and their firmware could probably use an update from a newer SDK.
seiken

Post by seiken »

hi, for those of you with qubino flush relay, now I haven't read the whole thread so it may be that you already did this/know about it. qubino sends a ridiculous amount of data with changing in watt consumption. they have % based consumption that is set to 10% original, which means that they literally spam the network with unnecessary data, exempel if you have the smallest thing connected to the device, such as a mobile charger or led driver the consumption shifts 0.1 to a couple of watts several times a second. the easiest and best solution for me to not get a queue has been to set the report to 100% and the time report to 3600. according to qubino they should only send a change for every 1 watt change but mine send for every 0.1 watt change if I don't set them with above settings, they literally kill my z-wave network. as an example, I did a reset of only two qubino relays when I changed controllers 1 week ago, I then forgot to change the settings, the result was that the whole network was completely blocked by queue. after fixing the settings it is now very fast again. so try setting parameter 40 to 100 and 42 to 3600.
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

MrRusch wrote:
Please send in PM or to support@z-wave.me the log with indication at which time the issue appeared. We will inspect it.

Edit: never mind, i found it in PM
MrRusch

Post by MrRusch »

PoltoS wrote:
30 Jun 2024 05:19
MrRusch wrote:
Please send in PM or to support@z-wave.me the log with indication at which time the issue appeared. We will inspect it.

Edit: never mind, i found it in PM
Thanks @PoltoS,

Let me know if you find anything interesting.

What do you think about the theory that my current state is somehow related to having applied a license that enabled long range support among other things? This is the only significant change made and timing is on point. Would it be worth to attempt to reverse this process somehow?

If not.. What if I could include a second controller to the network - would this have the potential of doing anything? I have an older RaZberry laying around somewhere.

Grasping at straws here to avoid starting over once again...
Last edited by MrRusch on 11 Jul 2024 11:46, edited 2 times in total.
lanbrown

Post by lanbrown »

MrRusch wrote:
07 Jul 2024 22:54
What if I could include a second controller to the network - would this have the potential of doing anything? I have an older RaZberry laying around somewhere.

Same Z-Wave network or having two different Z-Wave networks and using the remote Z-Way app to have all devices appear on a single node?
MrRusch

Post by MrRusch »

lanbrown wrote:
08 Jul 2024 07:25
MrRusch wrote:
07 Jul 2024 22:54
What if I could include a second controller to the network - would this have the potential of doing anything? I have an older RaZberry laying around somewhere.

Same Z-Wave network or having two different Z-Wave networks and using the remote Z-Way app to have all devices appear on a single node?
I was thinking same network