Malfunctioning Fibaro dimmer FGD211

Discussions about existing Z-Wave device and their usage with Z-Way/Z-Cloud/Z-Box
rkrichard

Malfunctioning Fibaro dimmer FGD211

Post by rkrichard »

I recently bought a Razberry with a Fibaro Dimmer FGD211 and installed this in a test situation with the dimmer connected according Fig. 2 in the manual. After inclusion it showed up in the interface. I was also able to get it in the domoticz interface. So now I installed the hardware in their final location.
The dimmer device modul did not respond, int the Z-wave.me interface it showed up with a skull; The module does not respond.
So I moved the Razberry close to the dimmer, but could not establish connection. So I tried to reinclude by pressing the button on the Fibaro. It did not respond. Back to the test situation I reset the controller and pressed the Fibaro button for more than 3 seconds. Ik could not include the item, after trying different things it showed up as device 2 in the Z-wave.me interface as a dimmer device. I could control the dimmer in the interface, but the Fibaro dimmer did not respond.
I exchanged both the Raspberry and the dimmer module for new modules. Both the new modules and the old modules were tested by the supplier. The new modules were OK.
After installation I tried to include, the red Led on the Razberry turned on and directly off. So I push the include button again, now the led turned and stayed on. So I pres the button on the Fibaro, but nothing happened. Back to the Zwave interface, I saw a new device 2 identified as dimmer, but showing up with the skull. I could not reestablish communication, so I deleted the device.
After that I tried different thing, include and press button on Fibaro, Include and press the button on fibaro for at least 3 seconds, include and press S1 shortly for 3 times stop include and start include and press the button on the Fibaro. I also completely reset the controller and tried all the things as above.
Nothing happened, except one thing: before a complete reset, the button on the Fibaro acts as S1; So the light turns on and off by pressing this button and dims by pressing the button for a long time. After a reset of the controller and the dimmer module, the light does not do anything when I press the button. So there seems to be some kind of communication between the Razberry and the module.

When I first install the Razberry, there are 2 modules added with the name Razberry and Device 232. The status for the Device 232 is Interview is not complete yet and the device is operating. This device is added when installing or after a controller reset.

I use the last image of Domoticz and the actual stable release of Razberry. With my last test I upgraded this to V1.5.0-RC1, but this version had the same response.

In all situation I was able to control the Fibaro module with the hardware switches.
pz1

Re: Malfunctioning Fibaro dimmer FGD211

Post by pz1 »

You may have the problem described here by Christian Paetz viewtopic.php?f=3422&t=20389&p=50834#p50834
Since 29-12-2016 I am no longer a moderator for this forum
Confuzer

Post by Confuzer »

FYI I installed it yesterday and it worked straight away. My razberry saw it, included it and works fine.

Only weird thing is that I have a physical flip switch which only is able to controll the light now by doing "double click" instead of a boolean switch as expected (light on, one click on the switch => light off). So I need to flip it twice now to get the light on and off which is weird.
Eric

Post by Eric »

You can change that by setting parameter 14 to 1 in the configuration of the dimmer.
Confuzer

Post by Confuzer »

I tried. When I set it to bistable switch it stops doing anything with the physical switch.
cycroft

Post by cycroft »

I have the problem of including FGD211 into Razberry Z-Wave as well with Razberry 1.7.2. I get the following message 3 times (probably according to the 3 times the B button is pressed on the FGD211):

RECEIVED: 01 09 00 04 88 03 20 01 FF A4
SENT ACK
Got frame from device 3 to controller, but device is not registered - do re-inclusion

If I repeat the inclusion process, I always get the same message. Anyone that can help me with this?

BTW, I also get this strange behavior when the FGD211 is connected to a bistable switch. I have to switch two times to turn the light on and off. If it is turned off the halogen lamps still glow a little bit :-(((
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

what is the date on the sticker on your RaZberry?