[Solved] Interview failed

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
SparkyRih

[Solved] Interview failed

Post by SparkyRih »

When I try to include the Z-Uno to the Razberry with Z-Way, it says that the interview failed... It only has 4 plus signs (+ ++. ..........+)

Any ideas? I've tried setting different settings for the security and multi-command, enabling them both seems to result in the most plus signs (4)...
PoltoS

Re: Interview failed

Post by PoltoS »

Sure you have excluded Z-Uno before?
SparkyRih

Post by SparkyRih »

Yes, tried that several times, I can exclude and include without any problems (apart from the interview)... I have 2 Z-Uno's, both have exactly the same problem...

Both have the latest bootloader, EU frequency, same sketch (Binary Switch)... Before one had just a SimpleBlink sketch, but at that time it didn't properly interview as well...

Also tried putting the Z-Way to factory defaults...
michap

Post by michap »

SparkyRih wrote:Also tried putting the Z-Way to factory defaults...
You also have tried to make factory reset on Z-Uno?

Very strange, never have seen such effect - only sometimes for sleeping device, if interview was not ready and an additional wakeup was needed.

Michael
SparkyRih

Post by SparkyRih »

I didn't know you could reset the Z-Uno, I found how it's done, but that doesn't fix the problem...

However, I managed to get the interview further... When I play around with clicking on the "Force interview" button I see the LED on the Razberry blinking for a couple of secons, when I time the "three press" on the Z-uno I manage to get:

Device interview stage is not complete
+ ++. +..+..++..+

So it does appear to get further in the stage of the interview (when I look for the details you can see that a lot more things are "done )... I guess "the Z-Uno doesn't stay awake long enough? The red LED on the Z-Uno just blinsk for one second, while the LED on the Razberry blinks for a longer period...

Edit: When I "Force review" and wake up the Z-Uno per option (Basic, BinarySwitch, AscossiationGroupInformation, ZWavePlushInfo etc.) I can get them all to be "Done", except for "MultiChannel"... I can't get that one to be "Done "...
Last edited by SparkyRih on 10 Jan 2017 16:15, edited 1 time in total.
michap

Post by michap »

The Z-Uno LED should flash for some time.

Try again with multiple very short pressing on the button - no problem if more than 3 times....

Michael
SparkyRih

Post by SparkyRih »

I'm not sure if you saw my edit:
When I "Force review" and wake up the Z-Uno per option (Basic, BinarySwitch, AscossiationGroupInformation, ZWavePlushInfo etc.) I can get them all to be "Done", except for "MultiChannel"... I can't get that one to be "Done "...
I've done this with both Z-Uno's now, both have exactly the same result...
michap

Post by michap »

hm...
what sketch did you try? Still "simple binary sensor" sketch?

My Arduino settings: Security disabled, Multicommand disabled.

Have tried just now include via Expert and via SmartHome UI - both are working, full included ....
Using Raspberry with RaZberry modul.

Michael
SparkyRih

Post by SparkyRih »

I had them both enabled, now that I disabled them, still exactly the same issue... I did exclude/include after I pushed the sketch with both those options disabled...

http://misc.schattorie.nl/zwave/MOV00014.AVI (sorry for the bad quality, both my phones capable of 1080p video are empty and turn off when I try to shoot a video, so I used an old PSP XD this is the story of my life, if something is not working, nothing is working :D )
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

Please send me on support@ the Z-Way log. From Z-Way start to Z-Uno exclusion/inclusion