Get datetime from controller

Discussion about Z-Uno product. Visit http://z-uno.z-wave.me for more details.
TheRafal

Get datetime from controller

Post by TheRafal »

Hi, i want to know if it's possible to get datetime from Z-wave controller to use it in Z-uno instead of an RTC module. I didn't found any reference for this and i think it's not possible know. Is it right ?

Thank you for reading ;)
PoltoS

Re: Get datetime from controller

Post by PoltoS »

Basically it is possible in Z-Wave. But Z-Uno do Not implement Clock Command Class. May be worth to add it, but only in 7th gen. There you will even be able to add it yourself ;)
TheRafal

Post by TheRafal »

Ok i will take a look at that. I will try t find information about that.
Witch version are we ? you speak about board version ?
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

yes, the future Z-Uno
on the current one there is not enouth code space to implement it
TheRafal

Post by TheRafal »

Ok thank you.

Last question for you, can tell me were to implement it in Z-uno core library ? i'm not very familiar with Z-wave and take a look at other implementation can help me ;)
petergebruers

Post by petergebruers »

Can I "talk out loud"? ;)

Does it have to be precise? If eg you wanted to display a time on an OLED in HH:MM format then I think the following might work: define 2 "multilevel switches" and one binary. Every 30 seconds toggle the binary switch, to trigger a scene on your controller. Then let that scene set the 2 dimmers to HH and MM.

That causes a bit of traffic, and it is not very precise, so an improved version would keep time on the Z-Uno and sync time eg every 10 minutes or so.

I have not used "multilevel" for time keeping, but I have used to select some "LED loop programs" on a Z-Uno (eg dim level 1 = rainbow, 2 = breathe, ...) and all controllers support this. It does not look "nice" on the controller but it works.
TheRafal

Post by TheRafal »

No i doesnt have to be precise, it's to trigger some event at a special time in hour or in hour and minutes.
I will take a look at your exemple, thank you ;)