Razberry 7 pro dead after few minutes

Discussions about RaZberry - Z-Wave board for Raspberry computer
dvd2000

Razberry 7 pro dead after few minutes

Post by dvd2000 »

I have restored a backup from my old working razberry 2 (fw 5.04) to a fresh new razberry 7 pro (fw7.6). It has worked for some minutes then i found my razberry3 turned off. I tried to turn it back on but no leds lights up. Then i removed the razberry 7 board and the raspberry is working again. Tried the razberry 7 on another raspberry4 and same thing: no power at all.
I reinstalled my old razberry 2 board and is working.

What can i do? Why is dead after some minutes?
michap

Re: Razberry 7 pro dead after few minutes

Post by michap »

Hi,

it's not normal, of course,... but there are only electronic components, early failure rate happen... very rarely of course...

Return it to your distributor, I think it is the best and only way.
If it was really working for some minutes (I mean as Z-Way module) then you can't have made any mistake...

Michael
emmafrost1

Re: Razberry 7 pro dead after few minutes

Post by emmafrost1 »

It sounds like your Raspberry Pi 7 Pro may be defective. Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

Make sure that the power supply is properly connected and that the voltage is correct.
Try a different power supply.
Try a different SD card.
Try reflashing the operating system.
If you have another Raspberry Pi, try swapping the boards to see if the issue is with the board or the power supply.
If you have tried all of these things and the Raspberry Pi is still not working, then you may need to contact the manufacturer for a replacement.
Exploring the world of home automation, one Z-Wave device at a time!