Mathematica

Discussions about Z-Way software and Z-Wave technology in general
otverber

Mathematica

Post by otverber »

hello
since upgrading to w700 and 4.1.2 new Mathematica calculations will no longer work.

I have eight calculations from befor the upgrade that works without problems, but a simple a+b of two mqtt values Price max + Price min will not calculate. the values will be updated about 2-3 times per 24 hours so that may be a problem?
Other calculations are updated at least evry hour..

any clues here ?

regards
PoltoS

Re: Mathematica

Post by PoltoS »

I don't think this module can be affected by the update, but who knows.... Do you have an issue with all Math widgets or only with some? Could you please clarify what do you expect (what you have seen before) and what do you see now
otverber

Post by otverber »

All widgets created before the update to 4.1.2 works as intended. But a new calculation a+b with the same mqtt elements as used in a working a-b gave the value of a only. and did not add the b value, even after days.
Have restarted /rebooted via putty, but no change so far.
The restart via RaZberry Configuration Interface throws an error message as mentioned before. This error came when I upgraded to the zw700 pro and updatet its firmware to latest. see separate subject 4.1.2.
I have updated/upgraded the rpi and the process works fine except some errors related to vlc ...
I have tried to copy and edit a working widget and create a new from scratch but it doesnt anyway. Somehow the new widgets does not start to calculate...
regards
otverber

Post by otverber »

update

you have to leave space between metric and operator, ie a + b, not a+b

regards
otverber

Post by otverber »

Update to update
Use a - -b instead of a + b , the latter giving a weird number with two dots xxxx.xxxx.xxxx

Beats me..
Regards
PoltoS

Post by PoltoS »

The problem with + looks to be because your device have numbers in strings and not in numbers, and the extension does not convert strings to number before +. So it just concatenates strings. The best is to fix both Math and your original device creator app - it should save numbers and not strings.

the "a - -b" trick works as it will convert strings explicitelly to numbers